chapter ninety three

The party was only getting funnier and funnier as the hours passed by, but not with the help of few drinks for Adena who needed a little boost. Not to the point of losing control of herself like Jacob would do, or even Jade and Eugenia, just moderate drinking. She mostly stayed with Isaac, who was a moderate drinker as well, talking and laughing together, watching the others having their own fun.

"Look who's coming," said Isaac, pointing behind the girl. She turned around and smiled brightly at the sight.

"That's my lover!" exclaimed the girl spontaneously. Alcohol made her so much more spontaneous than she usually was. 

"Welcome my lover," she said when Regulus reached their side. She then stood up and didn't hesitate to cup his cheeks before placing a delicate kiss on his lips.

His eyes widened a little as he asked, "Have you been drinking?"

"A few drinks maybe," replied the girl as she let go of him and went to sit back down. "How do you know?"

"You taste like Firewhisky and you just kissed me in front of fifty people," stated the boy, joining her side.

"Hi Black," said Isaac.

"Greenwood," replied Regulus with a polite nod. He then grabbed the glass he assumed was his girlfriend's and gulped down the remaining content.

"Hey stealer."

"You can have another."

"And you can have your own," said the brunette with a pout.

"Alright, I'll grab us two other drinks," sighed the boy while getting up and Adena smiled, satisfied.

"I still have a hard time believing this guy can be so whipped after knowing him for seven years and only discovering this side of him few months ago," stated Isaac, sounding almost shocked.

"I've got used to that side. I can't imagine him being something else. He's just Regulus for me."

"Of course, it's normal for you but for others it's like you've changed him. Well he has kinda changed you as well."

"I know. I know he has changed me," she told him, a small but happy grin taking place on her lips.

"I'm here. Take this," said the voice of the Slytherin boy behind them. He handed Adena her glass as he sit again.

Suddenly, Jacob emerged from the dancing crowd with one of the other chasers.

"Here's my best mate!" yelled the blonde boy, throwing himself into the raven-haired male arms, surprising everyone including Regulus himself.

"Congrats for winning. I expected your victory," said the boy as Jacob got off him and sat between him and the brunette. "Here, take that as gift," he added, offering him a cigarette of the same sort he was smoking, mint-flavored cigarettes. He threw the cigarettes packet at Isaac, knowing Adena didn't smoke.

"What are you doing? He's a Slytherin you know, why a Slytherin's here?" asked the other chaser in disbelief, just standing next to them.

"Because that's my buddy!" exclaimed harshly Jacob. The other boy caught Adena's glare and then left their side. Most of the older students knew about them dating but the girl realized they still didn't appreciate this relationship because he was a Slytherin.

"You guys will invite me at your wedding right," said the blonde boy, talking with his cigarette between his lips and throwing his arms over both of their shoulders. The girl looked up at Isaac facing them who was laughing, and she smiled. "Black. I don't think you'd like to have any of those Slytherin scums as your best man, so just know I'm here. Okay, I know y'all are still at school, but you two love each other so much, there can't not be a wedding in the following years. And a wedding without me isn't even conceivable."