chapter sixty four

On the next day, everyone felt a little sad about leaving each other, but it was nothing in comparison to the seventh years who were having their last times in the school where they experienced so many good things. And Adena couldn't help but feel a little wince in her heart as she thought about leaving the castle too in one year. She noticed Candace and Maylyn sobbing a little in each other's arms as they were leaving the place where they created their amazing friendship.

The ride was calm in the prefects' carriage. Sometimes the brunette could feel James Potter's glare on them but she learned to ignore him and sometimes, Ivanna Flint would throw teasing words at them. Regulus would send her a irritated glare but she would just laugh.

"Aww, you two are still so into each other," squeaked Ivanna.

The two just looked at her without replying. "Who would have thought you two..." she trailed off, waving her finger between the two. "Isn't that right, Lee?"

"Hm, yeah..." replied the boy without any real interest.

"Anyway, I've always thought you were a strange pair – and I still think you are – but I must admit you really look good together."

They just stared at her, not knowing what to say at her words. It became quiet after that. Adena stared out the window during the ride, waiting for her shift to start. At some point she felt Regulus' hand take a hold of hers and she let him do, squeezing it lightly as he started caressing it. These subtle gestures were always so pleasing.

After long hours in the train, the students finally arrived on platform 9 ¾. Everyone felt rather excited, except the few seventh years still crying, like Candace.

"Stop whimpering like a baby Candace, I thought you were strong," said Adena with a little smile as she reached her sister's side outside the train.

"I'm leaving school, I don't want to, I'm growing old..."

Regulus snorted but happily the blonde didn't notice. Only Adena did as she sent him a glare, knowing exactly why he reacted this way since the brunette had said similar things already.

"No, dummy, you're still full of youth, you're eighteen."

"But I'll start adult life and I won't have fun with my friends anymore."

"Stop talking nonsense will you," said Sirius who just appeared by her side. He placed an arm around her shoulder while ruffling her hair.

" 'Dena, you lend us your house for a few days during the holidays? We invite you to have fun of course."

"Hm, I'll make sure to be out when you come..."

"We like having fun with you!"

"But I have... many plans already for the holidays!"

"Oh, really? That's new. What did you plan then?" asked Sirius teasingly but his expression formed a scowl as he saw Regulus' arm bring her close to him while he was fixing his brother.

"Hm... I see. Have fun then, and don't do stupid shit," he said, walking away with Candace.

"Annoying."

"He called you 'Dena?"

"Yeah, really annoying like I said."

He started walking to the back of the platform where it was much calmer, preparing to say his goodbyes.

"I'll send a letter soon."

"I'll wait then," she said, nodding with a smile.

He placed a hand on her cheek as he bent a little, his grey eyes looking deep into her hazel ones.