chapter fifty three

After four more hours, the train arrived on platform 9 ¾. Adena had a hard time getting out of it. She was dragging her luggage, Regulus doing the same with it. When she got down on the platform, she walked to the back, telling Regulus to follow her since she couldn't leave him like that. Her house-elf, Pimchin was standing behind the people waiting for Adena and Candace, and luckily for her, her sister hadn't appeared yet.

"Hi, Pimchin!"

"Oh, Miss Adena! Pimchin is happy you again," squeaked the little creature.

"Here's Regulus."

"Hello, Pimchin."

"Oh, nice to meet you M-mister... Regulus," said the elf turning to her mistress who nodded in approbation.

"Pimchin, can you wait for a few moments please."

"Yes Miss!"

She put down her luggage before walking away with Regulus. They were behind all these people, no one was looking at them. She stopped behind a small wall, ready to say her goodbyes to her beloved. The Slytherin boy started patting her head, staring at her with the same fondness as usual.

"Don't be sad, okay, it's only a few days."

She nodded then replied, "Can you give me a goodbye kiss?"

"I guess I can..." And he smiled at her, his hand gliding down until his palm was against her cheek. His other hand went to her waist. The closer he got the more he was smiling. Her arms circled his neck and she smiled giddily at him. Adena closed her eyes and angled her head when their lips got in contact. The soft sensation of his lips gliding onto hers still had the same effect as usual. Millions of butterflies in her stomach, and heartbeat going insane and the liberation of his kiss. It lasted for a few more seconds before he put an end to it. He looked deeply into her glistening hazel orbs then bent down again to kiss her cheeks lightly and she laughed a little. He ended this by a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Did you get enough goodbye kisses to remember me?"

"I think I did but..." She gave him another kiss before whispering, "done."

Not too far away Candace, Lily and Maylyn were observing the exchange.

"Eww," said the blonde.

"They were close also in the train and at every Slughorn's dinner," just said Lily then.

"Candace you may despise him, but you can't admit she doesn't look happy with him. And it seems like he treats her well as well."

"The devil's hiding behind that façade and he'll end up corrupting my little sister. I don't want her to end up by You-know-who's side."

"I don't think this would happen..." reassured Maylyn.

"We can't be sure."

Adena gave one last smile at Regulus before they both parted ways. She ignored her sister as she arrived by Pimchin's side. She took her luggage and her elf's small hand before Apparating at their mansion. It was still the same as usual, it was her home.

After greeting their parents, the girls had dinner with them and they tried to do the conversation but both sisters were hardly speaking. The room stayed in silence for a while, until Candace suddenly spoke up.

"Adena's got a boyfriend," casually said the girl, in a disinterested manner.

Every eye in the room turned in her direction, surprise reflecting into them. The brunette was frozen in place, only fixing her sister.