chapter fifty eight

Adena walked through the corridors of the castle, wand in hand to light up the path. Being alone in the dark wasn't something she liked very much even after all this time, but she knew she was strong and that she could trust her capacities. She could also remember all the times she has been in Regulus' comforting company which had proved her the nights in the corridors were usually calm.

She made her way towards the dungeons and before arriving, she spotted two silhouettes in front of her, going the same way. They had probably sensed her presence because they turned around and Adena recognized Regulus and Ivanna. He waited for her as the blonde girl went back to the common room.

"You're earlier," he stated.

"I didn't want you to wait for me," she said, reaching his side. They reached the Slytherin common room after some minutes of walking. People looked just as overexcited as last time she came.

"They're celebrating well I see..."

"The usual."

"You don't enjoy partying, Regulus?" asked the girl with a smirk, as if expecting his answer.

The boy scoffed a reply, "I'd rather not end up like them. I don't even like alcohol that much."

They then sat down on one of the green sofas in the huge room, getting away from the drunkards.

"You're the serious type."

He scoffed again, placing an arm around her to bring her closer. "Do I look that serious?"

"Yeah, when we don't know you. I thought you were someone serious when I got to know you, it's the image you always gave off, quiet, serious, a bit aloof, almost snobbish..."

"Snobbish? I guess I got that from my parents," he said laughing.

"They look snobbish?"

"They're real snobs."

"But you're not like them, you may appear like them, but you're not really like that..."

"Many people have said I look like them, though..." he said thoughtful.

"You think it's true?"

"I'm not sure..."

"I'll have to meet them then," she said smiling at him.

"I guess you'll have to, very soon." He was frowning a little as he said that. The idea of Adena meeting his parents was not the most exalting.

"Why so?"

"So, they'll stop looking for a spouse," he finished, now looking at her.

"I see... you better tell them then."

"When I go back home. And you'll meet them after."

She hummed in agreement as he caressed her face with his knuckles, just as gently as he usually was.

"Black! No snogging in there! Get a room!" shouted Austin Wilkes who was a few feet away. He was smirking with a Firewiskey in his hand.

They both turned towards him, sending glares his way before Regulus muttered, "Ignore him."

"I'll focus on you," she said turning to face him and offering up a smile.

"Thanks for the attention then," he smiled back.

"No, thank me with a kiss."

He rolled his eyes at her childishness before giving in and kissing her for a few seconds. They continued talking for a while, while drinking butterbeers they found out. It was like they could talk for hours without getting bored of each other or running out of subjects. They, both found a strange fascination in each other that attracted them mutually. But after some moments they had to put an end to their current conversation since the Slytherins were being louder and louder and probably drunker as well.