chapter eighty two

Adena stayed the whole afternoon in the Hospital Wing with her boyfriend. He got the visit of some teammates, Harold Nott and Wenston Davis that were actually his roommates. The girl could easily remark support among housemates wasn't very common for the Slytherins, and as a Slytherin himself, Regulus didn't look much bothered by that.

"Not even the whole team came to see you... They are really some jerks."

"Exactly, and I don't even care about them. I especially don't want to see Zabini."

"What did he tell you..?"

"That I should absolutely grab that snitch. I could hear him yelled from behind, it was so distracting. And that bloody idiot Davis threw that bludger at us since Zabini told us to act aggressive. That damn bastard."

He rarely got angry, but Adena noticed he was clearly mad.

No matter how many times Madam Pomfrey told Adena to leave during the evening, Adena still managed to stay with Regulus after dinner. Her presence was comforting, and he was glad she was stubborn enough to stay. She sat by his side, slowly giving gentle caresses to his left forearm and hand, and the boy being completely exhausted ended up falling asleep under her loving gaze. From time to time she would move away the raven curls that had fallen on his handsome features, but she would mostly stay still and watch him sleep. She eventually fell asleep as well, her head falling forward into the bed as she was still holding onto his hand.

The next days, the Slytherin boy was feeling much better, completely reassuring Adena. She felt good, especially because the atmosphere among the Ravenclaws was still as joyful since their victory. Jacob was obviously proud and happy about this victory, but he couldn't help feeling guilty for celebrating it since they won, in a way, because Regulus was hurt in the process.

On one of the following Friday mornings, Adena and Regulus met together in Arithmancy class as per usual. Both were feeling giddy, since this day was special for them.

"No, I didn't forget," whispered the girl as soon as her boyfriend sat down next to her. He grinned at her before placing a kiss to her cheek. They didn't mind doing this since they were at the back of the classroom of course.

"I'm happy you didn't forget. I really can't stop thinking about our first day as a couple. Can't believe it was already one year ago," he whispered back.

"Honestly... I feel like it's been so long since we've been together, like I've always known you... that's such a great feeling," she said, angling her head towards him as she spoke.

"Really? I've got the same feeling you know." He smiled brightly at her as he said that. The girl's heart beat faster at his words. It felt so good to share a mutual feeling, something only the two of them could understand. Nobody had ever understood the feelings they shared for each other anyway, it was always the two of them against the world and she hoped it would remain this way.

"Do you... perhaps... wanna go on a date at Hogsmeade?" said her boyfriend after a while, and it made Adena want to laugh. "Don't laugh you silly, I think it's a couple thing and we said we would visit Hogsmeade together."

"I know I know, that was just unexpected."

"Is it a yes or a no?" muttered the boy annoyed.

"Both. We're supposed to go together with the others and Jacob has to buy me sweets."

"It's a no..?"

"No silly, just saying I'll hang out with them at some point..." she told him, not looking away from the teacher currently speaking.

"I'll leave then..."

"No, you won't. You'll stay with me and we'll grab a butterbeer all together."

"They don't even like me."