chapter seven

After dinner, Adena and her fellow Ravenclaws all started directing themselves towards the Gryffindor common room. Someone was somehow guarding the place, not letting some troublemakers enter the room and also making sure the password would be kept safe among the Gryffindors only. When they all entered the room, it was already full of people from different houses, fifth years and above. Even some rare Slytherins were there, the most acceptable probably. Everyone was chatting so loudly in order to be heard with the music. The young Ravenclaw didn't like that kind of ambience but still hoped she could enjoy herself for the remaining time before patrolling.

Candace made her way towards Adena with a huge smile on her red lips. She was sporting such a pretty and shiny black dress. She was probably the most beautiful girl in the room, but it was her birthday party after all.

"Heyyy! Here's my cute baby sister!" exclaimed the Gryffindor while putting her arm around the younger girl in a side hug, making her blush at the attention created.

"Here, take some Firewhisky. You've never tasted that before I bet!" said Candace while laughing and letting Adena go from her hold, before handing her a glass full of amber liquid.

Adena eyed the alcohol suspiciously before glancing back at her sister, wondering how many of them she had. Her sister's smile was huge and her emerald eyes shining excitedly as she waited for the brunette to have a taste of the beverage. Her fellow Ravenclaws were just observing her as well. After a few seconds, she finally got a taste of the Firewhisky, gulping down a sip before bursting into a small coughing fit, making the others laugh loudly.

Jacob who was right behind started smacking her back with an amused smirk.

"Oh, c'mon Adena, you're so weak!" said the boy in a teasing voice as she calmed down a little.

"I think I'm quite normal for not looking like an alcoholic at fifteen," replied Adena with a slight strangled voice.

"What? Who are you referring to? Me? I am not an alcoholic, I'm an occasional drinker! As if you didn't have a drink for your birthday."

"No. My parents are kind of strict you know. And I'm just saying that since you've already stolen my glass and gulped down half of it," she said, looking at her glass, that Jacob had taken from her as she was calming down.

"Oh, and by the way my lovely and cute baby sister, don't tell the parents I made you drink oops," suddenly interrupted Candace, before going back to the dancing crowd, where she came from.

"If your parents are so strict, how come your sister's so wild."

"I don't know..." said Adena with a sigh but smiling nonetheless.

She took back her glass from Jacob's hand with an ironical 'thank you for keeping it safe' before looking for a place to sit.

She spotted Maylyn on an armchair, with Lily and Briella, standing by her side, chatting joyfully. Maylyn had the same dress as her sister, perfectly fitting her beautiful curves. She also had a drink in her hand. She approached them with a small smile.

"Hello girls."

"Hello there, Adena. You saw your sister, right? I mean, we can't miss her," said Maylyn before laughing, the girls joining in too.

The Ravenclaw girl sat in the empty armchair opposite her as they started to talk.

"At least, she looks like she's enjoying herself. But well, when isn't she."

Adena nodded in agreement. She appreciated Maylyn, she was like a second sister to her. They both were alike except that Maylyn was more mature than her sister which was why they were such a good pair. Sirius was dancing with Candace now, they were close, but it was their usual attitude. He was again flirting like the flirty boy he was, and she was laughing joyfully.