chapter forty seven

In the Ravenclaw common room, the party was in full swing. But Regulus and Adena were in their own world. It was like everything else had been forgotten.

"Regulus why am I not your girlfriend?" whispered the girl softly as she continued tracing Regulus' face.

"You want to?"

She shrugged, "I don't know. I don't want to hide, I want people to see how happy you make me."

"I think it's too late... I can already see it."

She looked into his eyes as he said that.

"As long as you do, it's all that matters. But I still want people to know. You're not a Black Slytherin prick. You're Regulus, you're you and you make me happy."

"Let's talk about that tomorrow."

She nodded, placing her head on his chest. How was he able he fall harder for her when he thought it was impossible.

Adena ended up falling asleep on Regulus' lap after a while, as he was brushing his fingers through her soft brown hair, Jade came up to tell him she would bring Adena up in her bed. It was in the early hours of the morning and the party had just finished when he finally left.

The next day Regulus felt tired when he woke up. Attending the Ravenclaw party until two or three in the morning was exhausting. But he enjoyed his night still. He really wanted to see her, and they had things to talk about.

Upon arriving in the Great Hall, it wasn't a surprise when his eyes didn't find Adena at the Ravenclaw table. The whole Hall was almost empty because many students had partied until late. However, he could feel some pairs of eyes following him to the Slytherin table. He glanced up, noticing a small group of Gryffindors staring at him, Adena's sister and his brother more like glaring daggers at him. He completely ignored them of course.

"I heard you snog some hottie last night, Black." Austin Wilkes had appeared at his side. He didn't even look up. Barty Crouch sitting in front him snorted hearing that.

"Where did you hear that?" said Regulus, uninterested.

"Flint."

"Damn Flint and her big mouth," muttered the boy.

"So, it's true? Who was it? I really thought you'd stay virgin and single all your life," laughed Austin Wilkes.

Just as he wanted to glare at him, his eyes found something more interesting. Adena had just entered the hall. Noticing that, the male by his side also looked up.

"It was her? I already saw her, isn't that the cutie you brought at a party?"

"Adena Winsten, if I remember well," said Barty Crouch, earning a glare from Regulus.

"You already liked her at that time? Damn Black," just said the older male, returning to his seat while laughing loudly.

"So, you snogged Winsten?" whispered the blond boy in front of him again.

"That's none of your business," answered the boy in a curt voice, trying hard to keep his calm while his housemates laughed.

The Ravenclaw table was quiet. Adena was glad they were all exhausted so she could avoid any question, but she could feel some stares on her as she ate.

"Ugh! My head! It hurts like a bitch," groaned Jacob.

"You should go see Madam Pomfrey," said the brunette.

"I should probably."

"How's your head Adena?" asked now Isaac.

"Fine actually. I'm just tired and I really want to go back to sleep right now but I have homework."