chapter forty five

The students quickly finished their breakfast this morning as class was staring very soon. The Ravenclaws made their way to the DADA classroom just as quickly. On the way, Adena was unconsciously trailing behind. Fingers brushing slightly against her hand brought her out of her reverie.

"Good morning, Regulus..." said the girl, addressing a smile to the boy beside her.

He savored the moment when her soft voice said his name before replying, "Good morning, Adena."

Saying her name felt so good. It was so pretty, it suited her so perfectly, unique name for such a unique girl.

Upon arriving Regulus took Adena's usual seat which confused the Ravenclaw.

"What are you doing?"

"Just sit at my left," he said, not looking at her he was taking his stuff out. She just sat without any more questions, doing the same. He was watching her, waiting for her to finish before talking again. "Now, can you give me your right hand please?"

She arched a brow, not understanding much but let her hand fall on his palm, nonetheless. His fingers wrapped gently around her smaller hand, brushing the soft skin.

"I'm confused..."

"I noticed many times that the skin of your hands is so soft. I can't help wanting to touch it. I don't want to prevent myself from doing so anymore." As the boy was talking, his thumb started rubbing circles on top of her hand. That sudden confession surprised Adena a little but she let him do so. She wasn't really a fan of physical affection, but she appreciated the little gestures and displays of affection she received from Regulus.

"What class do you have next?" asked the boy.

"Divination," she replied as she started writing, with her left hand obviously.

"It's okay if I wait for you?" his voice seemed a bit unsure as he said these words.

"It's fine."

And some hours later, after Divination class had ended, Adena found Regulus waiting outside the classroom, guessing he had a free period. She only noticed she had missed him the moment her hazel eyes fell upon him and the urge to be close to him appeared.

She let her classmates walk in front of her before moving towards the Slytherin male who was leaning against a wall.

"I hope you don't mind walking with me before eating."

The girl chuckled at his words. "Of course, no. You're of good company. You've always been of good company." And that sentence made the corners of his lips turned up.

"Let's go then." And he started walking by her side. Much closer than usual she noticed but it wasn't bothering her at all.

A few students were walking in the hallways, some going to eat and some going back to their common room. Adena would rather enjoy her free time with Regulus. Suddenly, the raven-haired male stopped, and the girl noticed no student was walking there anymore. He turned to face her, and she looked up at him, just to see him bending forward to her height. He captured her pink lips in a soft kiss before distancing himself. He smiled at her flushed face before walking again as if nothing had happened. Adena strolled back to his side and grabbed the sleeve of his robe to stop him. He looked back at her, and her skin was still tinted in a crimson shade, her lips looking so kissable as they formed a little pout. In his eyes, Adena looked so adorable.

"Again..."

"What?" he laughed lightly.

"Kiss me again..." she answered with a little frown, avoiding his gaze.