chapter forty six

The two teenagers were still busy reading books when someone appeared in front of them, where they were hiding in an aisle of the library. Regulus and Adena both lifted up their gazes to see who had interrupted their calm moment.

" 'Dena, here you are, I've been looking for you-  What are you doing here? And what are you two doing together?" spat Sirius as he looked at the surprised faces of both teenagers.

His eyes glanced at them, falling on every detail that could give away anything as they wouldn't talk. Of course, she was holding a book, but his eyes found the strange things first. There was barely any distance between them, and Regulus' hand was still tangled in Adena's curls.

The two were avoiding his piercing stare until he suddenly said, "Reg." For the first time in so long, Sirius was calling him again. "You love her, right?" He continued looking deep into his grey eyes.

And Regulus didn't say anything, just returning the cold stare. "Damn you do love her. Among all the girls it had to be Adena." And he laughed sourly before leaving. He didn't want to make a fuss in the library, he had to calm down.

There was silence between them, neither daring to speak after what had just happened, until Regulus did.

"What are your feelings for me?" suddenly asked the boy.

For a moment she didn't say anything, wondering what she should say before murmuring, "I really like you."

He nodded, his emotionless expression not giving out any of his feelings regarding this confession.

"I fell in love with you, Adena."

Adena couldn't hide her reaction as her eyes went wide. She almost wasn't sure if she heard right even though Regulus was so close to her. As if hearing her thoughts, the boy spoke again in seriousness.

"I'm in love with you."

She felt at loss for words. She couldn't calm down her heart that had gone wild. Without realizing it, she had lifted her hand up to place it where her heart was, feeling it thump strongly. Regulus removed her hand so he could place his own there instead. She didn't mind the sudden contact, nor did she mind showing him her true feelings.

"Thank you for liking me." And he placed a kiss on top of her head. His hand gliding down to play with her strands of hair again.

Adena felt relieved. Even if it didn't last long, Adena and Regulus spoke out about their feelings. Was it that obvious to the point that even Sirius had noticed? She wished he hadn't, she wished he hadn't come there. It was frightening her a little, since he could talk about this to her sister. She felt nervous about facing her.

That night, the Ravenclaws  organized an unplanned party. As per usual most fifth-years and above from all houses would come. The brunette had asked Regulus if he wanted to come and happily, he said he would after his patrolling shift.

And now, Adena was in her common room, discussing with the others, the party slowly starting. She had a cup of Firewhisky in her hand, but she was only taking sips from time to time.

"It's rare we organize parties, I'm actually super excited," said Eugenia who had drowned her first cup already.

"Yeah, it feels weird, we haven't done it in so long."

"Is there any reason?"

"I'm not sure. It's just some seventh-years who said it to basically the whole school yesterday."

"Oh look! I'm surprised Jacob doesn't seem too hammered yet!" laughed the redhead girl.

The brunette spun around to see Jacob just dancing with some Hufflepuff girls and yes, he still looked in control of himself.