chapter fifty seven

By the end of January, Ravenclaw and Slytherin had a match of Quidditch. Adena's heart was torn in two. One side wanted to cheer for her house and her friend especially since she wasn't that much into the sport and the other side wanted to cheer for her boyfriend. She had decided to walk with him to the Quidditch pitch, which hadn't pleased Jacob who had muttered, "Stop betraying your house and fraternizing the enemy." And she only rolled her eyes before quickly joining Regulus waiting by the door.

"Good morning Regulus."

"Good morning Adena."

"Are you nervous?" she asked as they walked together in the snow.

"Not really. Last time I've been nervous was for my first match in third year."

"Are you confident then?" she then asked curious.

"Neither. I'm just neutral, I'm never too confident but I can't say I'm stressed."

She nodded and they quickly arrived at the changing room. Before entering he turned to her, nonchalantly asking, "Good luck kiss?"

She grinned widely before bringing his face to hers, his cheeks feeling cold under her palms. The brunette kissed him sweetly, like she knew so well how to do it. Over the past four months she had built up the confidence to kiss him by herself, as she liked, desiring to show her love. And just like many things including Regulus, it had become a natural thing.

After a few seconds, a voice from behind yelled, "Black! Stop snogging with your girl, we're waiting for you to start the meeting!" It was Austin Wilkes which was also a chaser and the captain of the Slytherins. Upon hearing the voice, the two teenagers detached themselves from each other, feeling rather annoyed.

"I gotta go."

"Good luck, I'll be watching you," she said as they parted ways. She made her way to Ravenclaw bleachers. A few people were already there but it was mostly empty.

Adena was soon joined by the others. Her sister and friends also came to support the Ravenclaws.

"Don't you have homework to do? I thought seventh-years were pretty busy," asked the brunette to her sister.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." answered the blonde.

"Quidditch day is vacation day," said Maylyn with a wide smile.

"Gryffindor isn't even playing."

"I wouldn't be fun if it was only for the matches of our team."

"Hush, they are coming!" said Jade by their side. Adena went to the barrier, her eyes stuck on the Slytherin seeker at the back of the team. She couldn't wait to see him fly again. As he walked, he looked up at her and she sent him a bright confident smile. She fully trusted his capacities.

The game started under the cheers of the students. Excitement was at its high. And people wouldn't stop screaming as the match was full of actions. Jacob scored three times in a row. He was really one of the best players of the school. Even Adena was fascinated by all his twirls and his speed. She now knew more about this sport and she could see why Jacob was considered one of the best. After a while, Slytherin started scoring again which enforced the determination of the Ravenclaws. None of the teams was weak, both were strong and Adena started thinking that the Ravenclaws may be stronger. For once she felt proud of her house. From the other side of the bleachers, she suddenly heard shouts from the Slytherins. They were all pointing to the sky. Everyone looked up to see Regulus chasing after the golden snitch. Seeing that, the Ravenclaw seeker, a short fourth-year Adena didn't know the name of, flew in his direction. But as she was reaching his side, Regulus caught the snitch.