chapter forty eight

The young Ravenclaw didn't move out from under her sheets for the next hours, ignoring the girls who tried to talk to her. She skipped dinner as well and went out only when everyone was in the Great Hall. The girl felt exhausted after crying so much, her eyes must have looked all red and puffed, but she didn't care right now. She didn't care about anything. She only wanted to see Regulus. Regulus and him only.

Adena walked through the corridors until reaching the Great Hall. She leaned on the wall opposite it, waiting for her lover to show up. She still couldn't believe she could call someone her lover. She would have never thought that someone would ever become her lover in fact. Yes the brunette didn't care about dating, yes she didn't really care whether she was Regulus' girlfriend or not but she liked him and he liked her. And he wanted to be hers. That was the only thing that mattered. Just thinking about this made her smile.

Students started going out of the hall, happily she didn't know any of them. Eventually she spotted Regulus, walking so elegantly, his dark curls waving around his face. He wasn't wearing his robe and he looked so handsome. She wanted to kiss him again, a kiss from Regulus could heal anything, she thought.

His grey eyes noticed her, and he paused. Adena didn't wait more longer before making her way to him and wrapping her arms around his body before the boy could say anything. She decided to hug him right at the entrance of the Great Hall on purpose, easily getting attention from certain Gryffindor students. She could even hear her sister curse and Maylyn and Lily trying to calm her down as she was so close. The brunette wanted to smirk proudly since it got the expected effect but as soon as Regulus wrapped his arms around her, she broke down in tears. Not wishing to drag any more attention on them, Regulus started walking away while holding her close. Once they were far enough, he stopped in an empty hallway, and she clutched to his clothes as the tears continued to spill.

Regulus didn't really know what to say as he was unaware of the cause of her tears, so he just caressed the top of her head, waiting for the girl to calm down. And when she did, the first thing she muttered was, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" asked the Slytherin, confused.

"For being weak."

"Don't say that, you must have a good reason to cry."

Aden lifted up her face to look at the boy in front of her. That boy she liked, but she could only shower a sad expression. And that sad expression broke his heart.

"My sister and your brother talked to me this afternoon. They said again that you were bad and dangerous... and that you hated my friends and my sister..."

"Well, they were kinda right. I really do loathe her at the moment."

"It's not funny..." she said dropping her sad gaze to the floor.

"I know sorry."

"They even said I should break up with you." She could sense his body tense up at her words, so she quickly added, "But I won't of course. I can't do that. They can say anything, nothing will make me think otherwise. Regulus you aren't bad, I know it."

She looked straight into his grey eyes as she said these words. He brought his hand up to caress her cheek, wiping off the remaining tears as well.

"Thank you."

"No need to thank me, I know you. I don't care about what they say I know that deep down you have good heart."

"But I support bad things," he said referring to the Dark Lord that he wanted to join.

"I know that too. But I refuse to believe you don't have some good in you."

He looked at her for a moment, before dropping his head onto her shoulder and whispering, "I love you so much."