chapter ninety five

Adena didn't have many difficulties to take her exams. Even Herbology, her weakest subject seemed easy enough. She had studied enough for the past weeks to be confident in her skills. However, her friends, especially Noah and Eugenia, weren't as confident. But the young girl knew they would do just fine, she believed in them and in their abilities. Happily, they quickly forgot about their deception and decided to enjoy the bright sun in the courtyard of Hogwarts one last time.

"Our last time lying in the grass," said Jacob before letting his body fall onto the ground. "Damn I'm exhausted. These exams killed me."

"We're free," sighed Jade as she hauled down on the ground as well.

Adena went to sit under the closest tree and watched them have their fun with a small smile tugged on her lips. She was too caught up in looking at them that she didn't notice Regulus approaching the group.

"Hey mate, how did it go for you?" asked the blonde boy.

"Just as fine as you I guess," replied the raven-haired male making Jacob smile widely.

The boy went to sit next to the brunette then.

"You look tired," he whispered.

"It was tiring."

"I admit. But, are you still okay with hanging out with me tonight?"

She turned her face to look at him, a grin on her lips as she stared at him. "I can't say no."

"You can."

"I'll come," she told him with a chuckle.

"I'll be waiting for you outside your common room then..."

"I'll join you at nine..." she replied while staring lovingly in his eyes.

That night, at dinner, Adena enjoyed her meal more than she had ever at Hogwarts. She would miss how good this food tasted. Everyone seemed excited since it was the last day before summer break but for the seventh years, it was their last night here, the last feast they would enjoy at the Ravenclaw table with their housemates. For once they all sat together and talked about their memories over the last seven years.

"I can't believe this our last night in the castle," said sadly Eugenia as they went back to their common room.

They would soon leave the comfort of their bedroom that they shared for seven years and it felt weird.

"I'm going out tonight, you'll be waiting for me?" asked Adena.

"Yeah don't worry. Let's stay with the boys in the common room," answered Jade.

When the clock stroke nine, Adena left the common room to find Regulus outside. He was leaning against the opposite wall, looking so handsome and her gaze longed on his figure.

"You didn't wait too long?"

"No, I was just early," he replied before taking a hold of her, bringing her body closer to his and she let herself melt into his touch. "It's been so long since we strolled in the corridors."

"I've missed you when I was with Noah..." she said sadly while looking up at him.

"Me too. You were so much better than Flint. Less noisy and annoying. Funnier and softer. I've always loved patrolling with you, because I got to know you, and fall for you..."

The brunette was looking directly into his eyes as he spoke, smiling a little more with each word. And when he was done, she stood on her tiptoes just to place a kiss onto his lips. Short and soft, like her usual kisses, like the ones he was used to receive, like the ones he adored.

"Let's go," she said as she detached herself from him.

He grabbed her hand, fingers interlocking with hers as he replied, "I don't think the stars will be out for a while, but we still can go outside."

She hummed, following him. Once again, she felt overwhelmed with a feeling of nostalgia as she walked through the corridors. It reminded her of her lonely walks, as well as the walks with her sister, the walks with Regulus obviously, but also the ones with Arsene which she felt sad about leaving so soon. He had told her he would write her every week, updating her on Hogwarts life and gossips and she just agreed with a smile. The girl advised the blonde boy to enjoy Hogwarts as much as he could, with his new friends especially. She didn't want him to waste his first years like she had done. She was happy to have crossed paths with Regulus, he made her change in a good way, and he was the reason why her school years became so enjoyable.

"Thank you, Regulus," she told him after being lost in her thoughts for a while.

"For what?" answered the Slytherin boy, surprised.

"For changing my life at Hogwarts. I swear it wouldn't have been the same if I hadn't met you."

He chuckled then said, "I think the same you know, so thanks."

Just as that moment they arrived at the Astronomy tower where Regulus was leading them from the beginning.

"As I thought, the stars are not out yet."

However, Adena didn't think that was so important. The evening sky was tinted with orangish colors from the fading sun and bluish colors from the darkness falling upon them. It was such a pretty sight. She could already spot a few stars already out.

"Let's wait a little then," she whispered as she brought her boyfriend's arms around her waist. She leaned comfortably against him. She just wanted his proximity. She didn't need his warmth as summer had settled down, and she wasn't even wearing her robe, but she appreciated it very much.

"It's still so pretty..." he whispered against the skin of her neck, his breath hot on that sensitive area. Regulus was brushing his nose against her skin, loving how goosebumps appeared, every time he was doing so. And finally, he nuzzled his face in the crook of her neck, and let his lips offer tiny pecks. Meanwhile, Adena was melting under such tenderness from him. At that moment, she wished she could experience that all her life; it was such a blessing she couldn't live without.

"I'm so in love with you..." he sighed slightly as he let out these words. She could feel him tightening his hold on her waist, and unconsciously she turned around in order to face him. The boy's gaze was filled with love when she looked into it for a second before closing her eyes and kissing him. He did the same and responded to the kiss. The young Ravenclaw wrapped her arms around her boyfriend's neck so she could have a hold on him as well, and just let herself get lost in the kiss. It felt as magical as it had felt the first time, or any other time. She could kiss him forever and still ask for more; she never had enough of him. Adena's fingers started running though Regulus' silky locks as an intoxicating scent took over her the more his lips were becoming addictive. The boy had a hard time controlling himself. He wanted to be his usual gentle self but at the same time he wanted to completely devour her because she felt too perfect, even unreal at this moment. He had fallen so deep in love with her that nothing could be the same anymore. The more he fell for her, the more she was becoming an obsession. They were completing each other in the best way possible and this feeling brought such a great satisfaction and happiness inside of him.

Once again that night, Regulus and Adena kissed under the moonlight, so passionately, as if it was the first time again.

author's note: hi, i'm so sorry i disappeared for like a month, almost? i was sick last week and had to go to the hospital but it's okay, but i was also busy with exams and i still am!! i have enough but it's the end of the semester fortunately and i'll be writing and updating as much as i can!! next chapter coming right away