chapter forty four

— 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔯𝔢𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 ༄
    ↠ 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐀𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜

They enjoyed the ride for a little while again before Adena made her way down with the help of Regulus. She touched the ground with some difficulty, but Regulus was there to cushion the landing. They both got off and her legs felt slightly wobbling so he kept his hold on her for safety.

"How does it feel?"

"I can't walk."

"I'm not talking about that idiot."

"I know, silly," she laughed a little. "Honestly it felt amazing. Even better than I imagined. I was really free like you when you fly. Thank you for making me fly tonight."

"Do you still want to fly a little before coming back?"

"Really? Yes, it'd be great!" she looked so exalted once again, completely delighting Regulus whose eyes looked at her so fondly.

"Then, climb back."

He climbed on the broomstick again, the brunette sitting behind him This time she didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around his waist with her hands resting on his chest.

"Ready? I'm going." And once again they were back in the air. Adena couldn't get bored of the sensation. She placed her cheek onto the warm back of Regulus, the soft material of his robe caressing the cold skin of her face. It felt good. She was admiring the stars from up close while enjoying Regulus' company. After a few minutes, he made his way to the open Astronomy tower, deciding to end the night there, and knowing it would be easier to comeback after.

He landed softly on the floor, Adena letting her feet touch the floor as well as she let go of him to climb down. Regulus had let the broomstick on the floor, and he was just looking at her face. He could now witness her beautiful expression. Red cheeks from the cold, parted lips, smiling softly at him and her eyes, shining oh so beautifully. Adena was the prettiest sight, he was sure of it. Adena Winsten was the prettiest. He didn't try to hide the look his eyes; pure affection and admiration, it was what he was feeling right now. He knew she could see it; he wanted her to. Regulus was telling Adena through his eyes. Her smile was a reassuring gesture, comforting enough. And the air felt suddenly light around them, no sound could be heard. It felt so long but it took him barely a millisecond to kiss her.

When his lips touched hers, she froze in shock. Not because of the sudden touch but because of the realization hitting her; Adena realized it was what she had ever wanted. Regulus Black had awoken something in her she was not aware existed. The desire, perhaps, was it. For the first time in her life, she desired something; his lips, his touch, his kisses, just him. She wanted him. And so, she kissed back. Wrapping her arms around his neck, making sure they stayed close to each other as his own arms circled her waist. And her lips responded to the kiss, slowly, with her lids fluttering shut. She let his intoxicating scent take possession of her. It was like the brunette was breathing again after feeling suffocated for so long. This kiss was liberating.

Regulus had never expected her lips to be so soft and warm, making him kiss her so gently and delicately. When he thought the sensation could not be better, he felt her fingers lightly reach out to his raven curls, caressing them, sensing the smooth hair gliding through her wandering fingers. And he melted into her touch, smiling just a little against her lips so he could share his happiness.

As always between them, everything felt natural. Something as foreign as a kiss for the two felt like it was meant to be, their lips moving onto each other with slight clumsiness but still an easy fluidity, both feeling like they completed each other.