Fireworks

I hate him. I hate the way he makes me feel. I hate the way he can turn my bad mood into a good one with a smile. I hate the way he makes my head spin. I hate the way my stomach turns when he laughs. I hate him so much.

No one has ever made me feel the way he makes me feel. It's new and it's weird. I don't like new things. I like to stick to plans. I like to eat the same things. I like to have the same friends. So when he came into my life and started making me say and feel new and weird things, I had to kick him right back out.

I know that he's a good kid. But I can't love him. I don't want to. I have a perfect girlfriend, I have perfect friends, I have a good population. I don't need him at all.

"Hey, Babe!" My girlfriend said, coming up to me. "Hi, Maddy." I smiled. "I am going to have to skip out on our movie date tonight, the girls want to go to the mall after school." My smile fell. "Oh," I sighed. "Okay." "Okay bye!"

She yelled, walking down the hallway. I sighed, turning back to my locker. I could almost feel someone staring at me. "Skeppy!!" He yelled at me, running towards me. I turned around to Bad running toward me. "Bad what the fuck! Get off of me!" I yelled, pushing him off me and standing up.

"Hi!" He said, standing up. "What do you want?" "I want to hang out with you after school today!" He smiled. The same smile that makes my knees weak. "Uh, sorry I can't. I am going to hang out with Maddy today." I lied. "Oh." His face fell. And right at that moment, I wanted to just hug him and tell him I was joking.

Bad has been my best friend for almost five years. Well, ex-best friend. After I started feeling weird things towards him, I got distant. But he sadly still tries. He sits by me at lunch, asks me to hang out almost every day, and he writes me these letters.

Every single morning I open my locker, a red or white paper falls out. I pick it up and read it. Every day it says something different. Like today it read "I hope u have a good day now! Be safe ily<3". But it never says who it's from.

So at first, I thought they were from Maddy, but when I asked her about it, she said she had no clue who it was. It got me confused. Like really confused. I went around the whole school asking who it could be.

I went through almost everyone. In fact, some of the girls pretended that they wrote it so they could get my attention. Eventually, it got down to one person. Badboyhalo. My best friend for years. The same boy who gives me butterflies and makes my knees weak.

"Are you the person who is putting these letters in my locker?" I asked, staring right into his eyes. His face got noticeably red. "I-I what if I w-was?" He whispered. The way his cheeks were dusted with red, and the way he was whispering made me want to strangle something because of how cute it was.

"I don't know. Just tell me." I sighed. "Yes, it's me. How did you find out..?" He asked, looking down at the floor. "I literally asked the whole school Bad. I knew it was you." I smiled. He looked up at me. "Oh." I just wanted to hug him. Maybe even kiss him.

"Stop sending them." I gritted my teeth. "Why..?" "Because it's weird." His green emerald eyes darkened in sadness. "Oh. Okay sorry." He whispered again, looking down at the ground. My heart shattered.

And ever since then, I didn't get any more letters. It broke my heart. I really did love those letters. I didn't even know who they were from, but I knew I loved it. My heart hurts for Bad. I love him so much, that I have to push him away.

"Hey! Do you want to hang out today after school?" He asked while running up to me. I paused. "You know what, I don't think I am busy today Bad. Yes, let's hang out." He smiled. And once again, for the 100th time, it made my stomach twist and turn. I nodded and turned away.

-

"Skeppy!!" He ran up to me. "Hi Bad." I smiled. "Are you ready?" He asked, smiling. "To go where?" I asked, turning my head in curosity. "You'll see!" He said, grabbing my hand and dragging me out the school doors.

He took me to his car, and let go of my hand. My hand suddenly felt cold. "Come on get in the car! We gotta go!" He yelled. I suddenly realized I was just standing there, staring at my hand. "Coming!" I yelled happily while getting in the car.

5 minutes later into the car drive, I really wanted to hold his hand. Like really bad. Maybe it was because my hand was cold, or maybe because our hands were close together. But I reached over and grabbed his hand. At first, I could feel him tense up. After a couple of seconds though, he grabbed my hand back.

My heart was about to jump out of my chest. I looked out the window at the passing buildings to distract me. But nothing could distract me. I was holding Badboyhalos hand. My best friend of two years.

"We are here!" He said happily, parking the car. I looked around us to see we were at a store. "Why are we at Walmart?" I asked, opening the car door. He turned around and smiled at me. "Because we need food!" I laughed.

"Get a basket!" He yelled at me. I giggled, picking up the green basket from the floor. As I looked back at him, I could see him already ten feet away from me. "Hey wait for me!" I yelled, running up to him.

-

As we were checking out all the food we got, I could see him staring at me. "What do I have something on my face?" I asked, concerned. "No, I am just looking at you." He smiled. "Okay, strangboyhalo."

-

"Why did we get all of this food?" I asked while putting the bags in the car. "Once again you muffin, you'll see!" I rolled my eyes, shutting the car door. After around ten minutes of driving, I could see the park ahead of us. He parked and turned to look at me.

"Are you ready?" He smiled. "I think so, I don't really know what's going on right now." We both giggled at that. After getting all of the food and blanket we sat down on the blanket and got the food out. "What time is it?" I asked him. "It's 7:14." He looked away from his watch. "Why are we out here so late?"

"Because there is going to be fireworks!" He grinned. His smile made me want to punch something because of how pretty it was. I shuck my head back and forth and got back to unwrapping the food.

"Hey Bad." "Yes, Skeppy?" He looked up at me. "Tag you're it!" I said, lightly punching his arm and running off. "Oh, it's on you muffin head!" I could hear him yell from behind me. I giggled.

"Okay okay, you win." I panted out, sitting down on the blanket. "Heck yeah, I do!" He giggled. I smiled. "When are the fireworks gonna start?" He looked down at his watch. "Right now!" We both smiled. "Come here Bad." I made grabby hands towards him. He rolled his eyes and moved over to me.

He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same. After thirty seconds or so, the first firework went off. I could feel ask his hand got tighter at every loud sound. I brought my hand up and put it on top of his head. I started moving my hand through his hair, scratching his head.

I could feel him lean in closer to me. I took a deep breath in and out. I could stay like this forever. All-day every day. I don't know why I avoided him. He makes me so happy. My smiles and laughs aren't forced like they are with other people.

Right at that moment, everything hit me all at once. I am in love with him. I am in love with my best friend. I am in love with Badboyhalo. My heart picked up his speed, and Bad could tell. "Are you okay? Your heart is beating really fast."

I looked down at him. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. "Skeppy?" He asked, sitting up from his position. "Are you okay?" He asked again worryingly. I took a deep breath.

"I am in love with you."

Happy Fathers day! I love you and your so valid! Have an amazing day owo<3

1528 words <33