Apocalypse !!

He was cold, sweaty, and tired all at the same time. It had been 272 days since it all started, as he had been counting this whole time. No one ever thought it would go this far - or even get this bad. But it did, and it's worse than we thought it all would be.

"Did you find anything?" Bad yells into the night, his words leaving a trail of see-able-air. "No, but I did find these." The other says. Skeppy and Bad meet in the middle, both walking to each other.

Once they get close enough, he holds it out. It's a bottle of something, Bad can't tell what it is yet. The bottle is green-ish itself, but the drink inside is a clear-ish color.

"What is it?" Bad questions.

"You can't tell?" Skeppy swishes it around a few times, then sighs when he gets no response.

"It's booze!" He yells, pushing the bottle into Bad's hands which he almost drops. "And I have lots," Skeppy says, taking another bottle out of his backpack.

"No! Why would we drink this? Not the time Skeppy." Bad pushes the bottle back into the hands of the other and walks away.

"But Bad! Come on, it's the end of the world and you still won't drink with me?" He's desperate. Bad promised Skeppy that they could drink together before Bad turns 30.

"You're gonna be 30 in two days Bad, you promised." He whines more, following behind him quickly.

Bad walks faster away from him. "You're crazy! We are at the end of the world, what if a mob breaks in and we die because we are too drunk to fight back?" He's stopped now, staring into Skeppys eyes.

Skeppy hadn't thought about that. All he knew was that his best friend's birthday was in a few days, and he wanted to get drunk just once with him before he was 30.

"I promise we will be safe."

"I don't trust you when you're drunk."

"Please Bad! It's the end of the world, just once."

And after a few more whines and complains, "Fine! Only because you won't be quiet and my head hurts!" He yells.

A few hours later, they both sit down. The sun was setting, and they were in their car. A lot of the gas had been stolen when everything went down, but they managed to find some still.

"Are you ready?" Skeppy asks, pulling out the bottles and the cups. "I got everything we need, including water so we don't get extremely sick."

He shows Bad the water and everything else, while Bad says nothing.

"You know if you actually really don't want to, we don't have to." His stomach was aching with guilt from the way Bad was looking at him. "No it's okay, I want to."

"Then why are you looking at me like that?"

"I just do," He stopped himself, too ashamed to finish.

"What?"

"I do weird things when I'm drunk." He regrets it the second the world flows out of his mouth. "Me too! Nothing to be ashamed of. And anyways, not like you can do much. The end of the world and all." Skeppy winks.

"Yeah.."

Skeppy popped the bottle open, pouring some of the drink into two cups for each of them. He spills a little.

Once they are almost filled to the top, he hands one over to the other man and takes one himself.

"Okay let's take a drink at the same time, ready?" Bad says, putting the cup up to his lips. "Look who's eager now." Skeppy laughs, spilling it even more.