truth or dare

Who knew anything would lead to this? To his breath fanning over my face, to our faces just inches apart.

None of us said anything, not a single sound. It was almost better that way, it's always been like that.

Late night calls that lead to nowhere, back and worth flirting that feels almost pointless, inside jokes with flirty meanings.

But even then, there were meanings and jokes left behind. Because it's better that way, right?

--

The car ride wasn't awkward. Why would it be? It's us, Skeppy and Badboyhalo. It's never awkward with us around.

"I hate this song you know."

The radio was barely making any noise as it was almost off.

"Why? It's my favorite!" I say, turning up the radio. The radio was humming the song "IKEA date".

Skeppy rolls his eyes playfully, turning to stare out the window.

My lips rolled up into a smile. "What do you want to do when we get to my house?" I turned down the music for a second so the other man could hear me.

"Uh," he hesitated for a second. "We could like watch a movie or something since it's getting late?" his words smoothed my mind.

It was insane. To think that he, Skeppy was next to me right now, in my car.

It was like a dream. Something that I almost didn't think would ever come true.

"Yeah! I think I have popcorn at home."

We locked eyes. My face burned before I turned back to the road.

He laughed.

--

I walked into my house, it was all so similar. It was like my best friend wasn't even behind me, walking in as well.

But it wasn't similar to him as it was for me. I had done this so many times before, I have lived in this house for so long I could walk from my room to the kitchen with my eyes closed.

"Your house is so cute!" his voice went a little higher as he talked. His eyes traveled around the living room, taking in everything.

He looked adorable.

I'm sure everything was as unreal to him as it was to me, maybe even a little bit more.

"Thank you muffin. I'll take your bags to the guest room if you would like." he laid his eyes on me, still smiling. His brown eyes were shimmering with happiness.

"Yeah! But of course, I want to know where it is, so I'll follow you." I smiled, nodding.

I took his bags from him. I walked down the hall with him not far behind.

As we passed my door, I realized I forgot to close my door.

"Is this your room?" he pointed to my door, slowly reaching his head in and taking a look around.

My stomach turned.

"Yeah sorry, it's kind of messy." I laughed quietly before shutting the door. Did he already think I was a mess who didn't clean up after myself? What if he didn't want to stay here anymore because-

"Rat!" he squealed, throwing me out of my thoughts. He picked the little white fur ball up from the ground, holding her in his arms.

"She's so cute! I wish I brought Rocco," he said the last part with a frown. He lifted his free arm to pet her fluffy white fur.