2:00 A.M drinks

I was exhausted. The only reason I am working a night shift is because my sister is having her wedding in a few days, and I have to be with her during the day.

There hasn't been anyone in a few hours. I keep checking my phone like there is going to be anything on it, but there isn't. I'm so bored, and tired and I just want to sleep. This isn't the first overnight job I have had, but hopefully it's the last.

At least it looked pretty outside. Outside of the windows, there was very colorful lights. I was in the city, and it was night. Very beautiful combination.

I looked away from the window, turning around to stare at the back of my phone again. My phone was facing down onto the desk. I wish I could turn it around and see that people were blowing up my phone.

Maybe they would be texting me with things like, "Oh Skeppy, I just wanted to talk to you!" or things like "How has your day been?" Because it's been pretty stressful with all the wedding stuff.

Maybe I could just take a little nap, I mean I was the only one in the store, and no one else was working tonight. No one is going to come in anyways right? I started to slowly close my eyes.

I swear I summoned him. A man that looked around my age came almost soundly into the door. He was wearing a heavy coat with black jeans and red shoes. Who wears red shoes? I looked down to my shoes, remembering I had wore my red converse.

I laughed to myself. The man looked up to me, and when I caught his eye I swear I forgot I was tired. I forgot that it was the middle of the night, I forgot that he had red shoes on, I even forgot that we were strangers.

"Uh hello?" He said, walking more into the store. I smiled at him, not replying. I almost couldn't speak. Why had just his eyes make me feel like this? I watched him go to the drink section, and pick out a few things. I couldn't tell what they were from where I was, but I knew he was in the drink section.

I looked away from him. I couldn't stop staring. He was handsome. He had longish hair down to his shoulders. It was brown, and a little curly. His eyes. Oh his eyes. They were green and I've never liked the color green, but I think his eyes are my favorite color.

I know I am bisexual and have for a long time, but I haven't ever felt this sort of drawn to a person before. Not even pass girlfriends and boyfriends.

"Hello." His voice snapped my out of my deep thoughts, and I looked up to him standing at the counter. He had placed two energy drinks, and airhead strips on the counter. Why was he drinking energy drinks at 2 am? "Will this be all for you tonight?" He nodded.

My voice was horse and dry from not speaking in a couple hours. I laughed, coughing as well. "Sorry it's late, and I haven't spoken in a few hours." He laughed, smiling at me. I grabbed his drinks and candy, and scanned it.

"That comes up to a total of 6 dollars and 30 cents." I looked up to him again. He had his wallet out this time, and was pulling out money. From where I was, I almost missed it, but there was a white fluffy dog in there. Not a whole dog obviously, just a picture.

"Is that your dog?" I asked. He looked up to me, and stared. After a few seconds I spoke up. "Uh sorry, I wasn't trying to look into your wallet or anything." He smiled. "Yeah, her name is Rat." He turned the wallet around, to give me a better look at the picture.

"Rat?" I giggled. She was cute, she had white fluffy fur with a collar around her neck. The picture looked like it was taken in a park. "Well I call her Rat. Her real name is Lucy." He put the wallet back into his jeans, and handed me the money.

I reached out for the money. And our hands touched. And when I say they touched, I mean they touched. Of course it wasn't like I had held his hand, but our fingers glided against each other for a second and a half.

My finger felt like it was tingling from where he touched it, as if it was asleep. I started at my hand for a few seconds before realizing what I was doing and put the money away. "Why are you having energy drinks in the middle of the night?" I questioned him. "Because I was tired and need energy." He was smiling when I looked up.

I don't think I have seen him smile with his teeth before, but wow. And I mean wow. His teeth were white, and even straight. But I know even if they weren't they would still be perfect.

Jesus I had just meet this dude, why was I acting like this towards him?

"You have a nice smile." I said, my face heating up the second it dawned on me what I had said. "I mean-sorry! Was that creepy? I mean it's true, you do. But sorry I didn't mea-" "Thank you. You do too." He cut me off, and I was glad he did. Because I would have gone on forever.

His words and his voice made my face flush even darker, I knew because I could feel the warmth. I could feel my finger still buzzing. I could feel the way my stomach turned with his words. "I uh, thank you as well." I laughed, looking down.

"Well, have a good night." He said, grabbing his stuff and walking out.

Suddenly I didn't want him to leave, I never did in the first place. "Wait!" I called out for him. He turned around, staring at me. He was only a few feet away from the door. I didn't want him to leave.

Before I knew what I was doing or saying, I blurted out, "Maybe I could like, I don't know have your number? That might be weird, I'm sorry." It felt like my heart was going to leap out of my chest, maybe my face would catch on fire as well.

At first his face was filled with confusion, but was quickly replaced with a smile. "Uh yeah. You can." He walked back over to me. "Here, put your number in." He pulled out his phone, when he got close enough to me.I saw his background for a few seconds, and it was that dog again. Lucy. He must really love her.

I grabbed his phone, and typed my number in. I texted myself. My phone dinged for the first time that night. I picked up my phone, and I saw it. His number, and the text I sent myself. "Okay well, have a good night. For real this time." He giggled at the way I was looking at my screen, or I think that was what he was laughing at. I hope so.

"Okay! You have a good night as well, don't stay up to late!" I yelled after him. "Oh and text me!" I yelled also. He waved and walked out the door. I sighed, picking up my phone and opening his contact.

Cute 2:00 AM guy was what I put him in as.

hi guys !! so i wrote this fic because i saw someone on twitter say it :•) go follow them!! @Not_Bxnny on twitter <3

thank you for the idea Bread :O

everyone have an amazing day (and pride month) i love you all!!! <3

1322 words , edited