the meet up

He felt as if Bad was here, then he was gone. Back to square one, hundreds of miles away. Even though it was about a week of being together in real life, it felt like a couple days, maybe even hours.

He just missed him so much. He missed everything. He missed observing things he couldn't from over a screen. He missed the little remarks he would get when he would flirt with the other.

But most of all, he missed his best friend. Someone to hang out with, sleepovers every night. It had almost felt like he went back in time to Middle School, hanging out with his best friends every day all day.

While having the company of Bad around was something he wouldn't trade anything for, it was a little weird at times. He can admit, most of the times it was his fault. He kept forgetting that flirting with your best friend is different in real life, face to face, then it is over a screen. Way different.

Seeing Bad's face heat up like he hadn't before. Watching as Bad's smile grew from the compliments Skeppy threw out at him. It took a lot, flirting with him. Even though it really didn't.

He had been flirting with him ever since they met. It felt right, like if he hadn't it would have been more weird. It just works with their duo they have created together.

Words and remarks slip out of his mouth without him noticing. Even sometimes pet names. He didn't mean to, he swears.

It was late, around one in the morning. They were laying on Skeppy's floor together, with Rocco and Rat. Skeppy's thoughts were swirling in every which way. It was the day they had meet up.

The first hug wasn't awkward. It was nice, warm, and felt familiar. But the silence afterwards was. Only for a minute before they became comfortable with being in each other's presence.

Maybe a little too comfortable.

"Skeppy... I think this has been the best day of my life."

Maybe Bad didn't mean it, maybe he was just tired. But it still felt as if his heart stopped in his chest the second the words left Bad's mouth.

"Me too. I've had so much fun with you here," he whispered back. His fingers were tingling from petting Rocco's fur for so long. Or maybe it was from the nerves of being next to his best friend after years of pinning.

"I love you a lot. I hope you know that, and I'm sorry it took so long to meet up with you. I've had so much fun, I really don't know why I didn't want to do this sooner."

Bad did know. He knew the reason he had put off the meet up for so long, reasons he would never say out loud. Reasons that were even hard to admit to himself.

He was scared. Scared of a lot of things. Scared of how Skeppy was going to see him. He wasn't the most confident person, and he truly cared about what Skeppy thought of him.

While he knew Skeppy would never judge him for how he looks, he was still scared.

He was also scared of the flirting. Skeppy's personality was the flirty type, and he knew it would be no matter how far apart they were. He was afraid of how he might react to the flirting. Skeppy would be able to see his face and his reactions like he never had before.

He didn't want to scare Skeppy off.

In the background, there was a faint sound of a song playing. He didn't know what the singer was even saying, but the tune was good. It made his worries fall down a bit, until they picked up again with a single movement.

Rocco yawned before getting up. He was between the two boys, laying in the middle. It was almost like a wall between them.

Skeppy's heart wanted to reach out, take Bad's hand in his and get closer to him. Because after all this time, years of being so far, they deserved it, right?