oO Chapter 6 Oo

"Is everyone ready?" I asked, swinging my car keys around my finger, one hand resting on the front door's handle.

"(n/n), for the love of god, I beg you to drive normally." Sasha said, tying her jacket's sleeves around her waist.

"No promises." I smirked. "...Okay, fine. I'm a little tired. I'll keep it relatively sane today."

"We shouldn't be going out." Xiao muttered. 

"Honey, you gotta learn to relax." I smiled, ruffling his hair. He drew back from the sudden contact a little. Oh well. Can't win 'em all, I guess. "I mean, you're finally getting a break! You can go back to being serious afterwards. At least enjoy yourself for a little while."

Xiao shifted uncomfortably. "Enjoy...myself?"

"Yeah!" I smiled. "It's not that hard, honey. It'll be good for you."

"Fine, whatever..." Xiao muttered. "But the moment we get back, we continue working."

"Alright, but unless you feel like working until 3 AM, I suggest we postpone it till tomorrow." I said playfully. "I don't plan on coming back until the museum closes."

"I don't need sleep." Xiao retorted. "I can handle working at night."

"Okay, lemme rephrase that, honey. Some of us require sleep, and will not be able to function until that late. Especially since I'm already kinda sleepy." I said. 

"Y'know, it's not safe to drive while you're tired." Childe said playfully, sidling up to me.

"You want to drive?" I snorted. "Even I don't trust you with that, sweetie."

"Why not?!" Childe whined. "I wouldn't let you get hurt! I'm capable of staying in control."

"Yeah, that's still a no, sweetheart." I chuckled. "And besides, you need a license to drive legally."

"You didn't seem very worried about legality last night, (n/n)." Childe protested.

I raised a brow. "...Alright. I'll let you drive, but only for today. Sash, you get to supervise him!"

"Wha-why do I have to!?" Sasha exclaimed. 

"Because i'm taking a nap in the backseat." I answered. "Don't worry, i'll drive on the way back." 

"If we die, it's your fault." Sasha sighed.

 •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"How did she manage to actually fall asleep with him driving?" Diluc asked quietly, shifting in his seat. I'd fallen asleep on his shoulder relatively quickly after we'd set out. Honestly, I hadn't even realised I was leaning on him.

"She can sleep anywhere." Sasha smiled, glancing back from the front seat. "Oh, she's sleeping on you? Wait, do you want me to wake her up? Or is it okay?"

"It's fine." Diluc muttered. "She seemed tired. She was...less chaotic today. More soft-spoken."

"I'm surprised you picked up on that." Sasha chuckled. "You're pretty observant."

"It wasn't that hard to notice." Diluc said. "Are we there yet?"

"Almost." Sasha said, looking out her window. "Just two or three more minutes. We actually should wake her up right about now. It takes her a while to adjust."

Diluc hummed in acknowledgment and glanced at me. "(y/n)?" He said softly, shaking me slightly.

I stirred and groaned lowly. "No...Five more minutes."