oO Chapter 68 Oo

(a/n: okay, so quick note, Devi means goddess in Hindi, and Deva means god. Pick whichever!)

"...(Devi/ Deva)...?!" The goddess's eyes widened and her hands flew to her mouth in shock.

"Okay, I've just about had it with people recognising me and not explaining shit." I huffed, pointing my polearm at her and narrowing my eyes. "Explain. Fully."

"Yeah, I'd like to know what the deal with that is too!" Aether chimed in. "I knew there was something special about them, but I didn't expect this!"

"You...you really don't know?"She asked, her voice exhausted. 

"Would I be wasting my time asking otherwise?"

"You're the sustainer of heavenly principles, but...around 500 years ago, you were cast out for betraying us!" Her voice steadily grew louder and shaky.

"...What in the goddamn hell?" I frowned.

"I second that!" Aether added. "They can't be the same god who took my sister from me! I saw them appear in Lumine's place with my own eyes! They look nothing like that god!"

"Time and space works differently for beings like us! Sending them to another world to right their wrong was supposed to be atonement! But their absence left a power vacuum!" Her voice was hysterical at this point, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

"My...wrong?"

"You kept the twins here against their wishes, simply because you wanted all of us dead and gone from the very beginning!" She yelled. "You planned this! You manipulated them into doing your bidding from the start, even if you don't know it!"

"I...no, you've got this wrong." I shook my head. "That couldn't have been me."

"You're questioning me? You think I don't know what my older sibling is capable of?!"

"Hold the phone, lady, what the fudge do you mean sibling?!" I exclaimed.

"Don't you get it by now?!" She cried, spreading her arms. "Your entire life there was fake! All you were was a changeling child! None of it was ever yours! If you weren't...you, you could have ruled over a kingdom of gods!"

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" I yelled, the polearm clattering out of my hands to the floor. I covered my ears to block out her hysteric rambling and squeezing my eyes shut as a sharp pain grew in the back of my head. Like, listen, I  knew I wasn't human. The fight with the Shogun proved as much, but this?

This was reaching levels of cuckoo I couldn't even fathom right now. Whoever thought this would be a funny plot twist in my life is a fudging idiot.

The ground seemed to sway under my feet as memories came flooding back in, ruthlessly shattering everything I ever thought I knew.

Her name...it's Asura...heh, how fitting. The Hindi word for demon...well, not exactly, but close enough.

She's not lying. She is my sister, and I did exactly what she's accusing me of. I was born into Celestia, but it was corrupt and power hungry. Nothing godly or heavenly about it at all. I couldn't let Tevyat suffer because of these morons, so I detained the twins. They had the potential to be stronger than all of Celestia combined.

If anyone could purge these so-called gods, it was them. I couldn't let them just leave.

I may have been Celestian royalty, but that hardly mattered a damn when everyone preferred my sister to me. No one would have listened, so I took matters into my own hands. I planned to overthrow and destroy everything up here, so Tevyat and its Archons could be free.

Only...it didn't go to plan. One twin, Aether woke up at the perfect time, and saw exactly why Celestia needed to be eradicated. He saw Khaenri'ah. But Lumine...Lumine stayed asleep so long, that I was discovered and punished before anything could happen.

Naturally, being royalty, I had an insane amount of power within me. Killing me would have catastrophic consequences. I was heir to the throne after all...even if I didn't want to be. So they resorted to banishing me. I was sent to another world, reverted back to a child, all my memories wiped clean. I replaced the (y/n) of that world, and assumed their life. And no one was the wiser. I'd retained none of my old abilities, and almost every ounce of heavenly power within me was sealed away.

Celestia gave me one link back to Tevyat, however. Genshin Impact. My one chance to redeem myself and prove I was still worthy of being heir. I was to guide the twin I wronged, and send both twins on to the next world. Of course, all this was just Celestia's ploy to get me to fix the problem I'd created for them.

But I didn't know that. I played happily, squealing when I got a five star character, enjoying every single interaction I got with the people of this world and fighting to protect the seven nations. I was just being used.

My own name...was not truly (y/n). (Devi/Deva). The Hindi word for god/goddess. How very unfitting...

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"-n)! (y/n)!" I groggily opened my eyes to the sound of a familiar voice screaming and being shaken.

"Stop shouting..." I muttered, squinting to combat the light invading my sight, and gingerly sitting up.

"You have got to stop blacking out during fights..." Xiao sighed, relaxing and letting go of my shoulders. "What the hell happened?"

"I should be asking that-where did you even come from??" I shook my head.

"Xiao and Aether took care of that goddess while you were out." Albedo explained. "You called out for him before you collapsed."

"I did? Wait, no, not important right now! You guys killed my sister?" I tilted my head, confused.

"...Sister? She was telling the truth?" Albedo's eyes widened in horror. "I-I'm so sorry-"

"Meh, it's fine, she was a wet blanket anyway." I waved, dismissing his concerns. "Guess who just discovered their secret identity!"

"...You're...not really (y/n)...?" Aether questioned, his voice unbearably soft. I got the sense he'd already come to terms with it, but he didn't want to believe it.

I shook my head, launching into an explanation of everything I'd just learnt myself. "So...yeah. My actual name is (Devi/Deva). Don't call me that, though. I don't like it very much."

"This is...a lot."