oO Chapter 69 Oo

"So, uh, on a lighter note...how long was I out for?" I questioned, dusting off my outfit as I stood up. Our surroundings  were  deserted for now, though we could still make out the  sounds of screams and metal clanging together in the distance.

"About two or three minutes." Albedo answered. "But, we're still in the midst of a battle, so please be careful."

"Right." I nodded. "Man...this is so weird. My entire life was a lie...but you know what the weirdest part is?  I don't even feel bad about it anymore. When my true memories came back and I remembered who I was...the pain just...stopped. All on its own."

"That would be the apathy of godhood settling back into you." Aether sighed. "It dulls certain feelings."

"Huh." I glanced down, in thought. "Well, I don't feel bad about my life in that world...but I do feel bad that I lied to  you, even if I didn't know. This probably isn't what you signed up for when you met me..."

"You're still you." Xiao shrugged. "You were always like this. The only  difference is now we know. And besides, feeling bad about it is stupid. It's not like you intentionally kept it from us."

"He's right." Albedo nodded. "But this isn't the time or place to discuss this. We should go help."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

About five or six fallen gods later...we came across yet another intriguing being.

He was slim and lithe, though the look in his eyes was unhinged and dangerous. Adding to his terrible visage was the fact that he was drenched in ichor. The blood of the gods. Though, I got the sense it wasn't his. He levitated above us, various lethal weapons spread out behind him like a fan. His irises pulsated vermillion, glowing so bright, they were visible through the dust.

He stared down at us coolly, his expression never wavering while watching the  battle below him unfold. Funnily enough, he didn't seem to want to get very involved with the whole thing. That is, until his gaze slid over me. Surprise seemed to break through for a moment, before he nodded and tipped his head in the direction of a broken spire. Its top was just wide enough to support both of us.

Given that I was alone for now, I decided to take him up on his offer and activated a wind current to get up to where he was.

"(y/n)." He spoke, his voice almost hypnotising. "It's been a while."

I smiled. I remember him.

"Yeah, I haven't seen you since I was exiled, Cas." I chuckled. His actual name is Caspian, but who's gonna say the whole thing, right? He was the only god in Celestia I genuinely liked. We grew up together, and I used to trust him with my life. And I absolutely knew I could trust him, considering he was the god of loyalty. He wouldn't stray from me, or betray me.

I used to tell him everything...right up until Aether and Lumine. I kept him out of my plans. I didn't want him to penalised in case things went south...which they did.

"I missed you." He smiled, closing his eyes. "I tried to reach you, y'know?"

"Oh, yeah?" I prompted.

"I would have gotten through too, if it wasn't for your new adeptus boyfriend." He raised a brow teasingly. "I apologise for your living room, by the way."

"I...You! You mean to tell me you were the evil spirit we summoned that day?!" I frowned, confused. I also felt slightly nostalgic for our little Oujia board escapade. "You possessed my Luigi plush!"

"I thought you'd find it funny." He shrugged.

"Wait, so then why'd Xiao say you're evil?" I asked, tilting my head.

"I'm a Celestian." He shrugged again. "To a Tevyatian, my unwanted presence would be interpreted as hostile. So...I decided to own the role."

"You little bastard, I didn't sleep the entire night after that." I punched him lightly, crossing my arms.

"Sorry." He smiled, though I got the sense he wasn't really sorry. "Anyway, now that you're back, I'm assuming you've forgotten all your abilities?"

"I mean..."

"I figured as much." He laughed. "Come, I'll help."

He stood behind me, and put one hand on my shoulder. Looking below, he fixed his attention on a battle between Jean and some other god. "Alright. You see that god?"

I nodded.

"I want you to focus all your anger on that god, and imagine them going pop, yeah?" 

I held  back a chuckle. "Whatever you say, Cas." I narrowed my eyes at the god, and focused all my pent up emotion at her. A slight burn grew in the back of my head but I did my best to ignore it. Much to my delight, she spontaneously combusted, bursting into  flame. Jean jumped  back in surprise, shock painting her features. She glanced up at the pillar, and relaxed slightly, seeing me shooting her a cocky grin.

"Very good, sunflower." Caspian smiled. Now, before y'all go off about the nickname, it's not romantic or anything like that. I once mentioned that sunflowers were pretty and Caspian ran with it.

"This is gonna be fun!" I giggled.