oO Chapter 38 Oo

"Hey, what time do we leave?" I asked no one in particular as I tugged on my coat and smoothed out my hair.

"Relax, we've still got time." Diluc answered. 

"Hey, let's go into the city for breakfast!" Sasha exclaimed. "I wanna get something from Good Hunter."

"Do we have time for that?" I asked anxiously. Yeah, I might have been a little bit tense. You can't blame me, though. I was a tiny bit nervous about showing up to this meeting to discuss Celestia and how to protect Vision bearers from being corrupted, when I myself now had a Vision.

"(y/n), do you feel okay?" Sasha questioned, concern painting her features.

"No." I said, a little too cheerfully, putting my hands on my hips.

"Is this about your Vision?" Diluc asked.

"Chill, (n/n)." Sasha smiled, slinging an arm around my shoulders. "You know we won't let anything happen to you."

"People keep saying that, but it does nothing to make the butterflies in my stomach die." I sighed. "Whatever, I'm probably getting worked up over nothing. Let's go get breakfast!"

 •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Hi, Albedo!" I smiled, walking up to him. He and Sucrose were at the alchemy stand in the city square, y'know, the one with the crafting table.

"Good morning, (y/n)." He replied, looking from his note pad, briefly smiling at me.

"Hi, Sucrose." I waved, still smiling.

"Ah, hi, (y/n)." Sucrose smiled with her eyes closed.

"Whatcha doing?" I questioned in a sing song voice, looking at the crafting table that seemed to be glowing.

"Crafting resin." Albedo answered. "Nothing important."

"Oh, that reminds me, (y/n), we gathered some 'level up' material for you!" Sucrose said hurriedly, flipping through the various sheets of paper she held.

"O-oh, thank you!" I said, genuinely happy that they'd done that for me. They didn't have to, but they still did. I hadn't even asked.

Sucrose flashed me another smile, holding out a folder. I took it from her, making sure to thank them again, and opened it up to see red and purple papers, which I presumed to be adventurer's experience and hero's wit.

"Wait, how do I-" I cut myself off, staring in shock as the few sheets of adventurer's experience I'd taken out, seemingly melted into my hand, getting completely absorbed into my skin. "Huh. I'm...level 20 now. Nice."

"What ascension materials do you need?" Albedo questioned.

"Uh..." I converted to elemental vision, staring down at myself to attempt to find out what I needed. "That anemo crystal thingy, windwheel asters, and...slime condensate." 

"Ah, those are easily gathered." Albedo said. "Shall we go find them?"

"Don't we have to leave in a little while for Liyue?" I said nervously.

"(y/n)." Sasha sighed, squishing my cheeks and making me look at her. "Relax. Teleport waypoints, remember? It'll take, like, five seconds. Quit stressing."

"Right, sorry." I smiled sheepishly.

"Come on, then." Albedo chuckled. "I'll help you."

"I think there are windwheel asters and slimes near Windrise." I said. "I'm not sure where to get the anemo crystals from, though. I normally get those through boss fights and commissions."