oO Chapter 7 Oo

"Morning, everyone!" I said cheerily, sliding down the stairway railing.

"Morning, (n/n)." Kaeya smiled, waving briefly. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yup." I confirmed. "I guess I do have to thank you for sending me to bed last night, heh."

"No problem." Kaeya smirked. 

"(y/n)?" Sasha asked, confused, looking up from the stove in the kitchen. "Shouldn't you be leaving for work right now?"

"Nah, I called in sick." I waved her off, settling down on one of the bar stools lining the outside of the kitchen counter. "Can't have me contaminating the evidence."

"Are you sick?" Jean asked worriedly, cupping my face and pressing a hand to my forehead.

"No, no, I'm fine, Jean." I chuckled, bringing a hand up to wrist and leaning into her touch slightly. It felt nice. "I just didn't wanna go to work today. And, I wanted to help you guys. Thanks for the concern, though."

"Oh." Jean said, smiling sheepishly and retracting her hands slowly. "I'm glad you aren't sick, but shouldn't you go to work? It's an important job, right?"

"I mean, yeah, but it requires a lot of patience and concentration, and I doubt I'd be able to focus. At least, not with all this going on." I said. "So! I get another off day!"

"I think Kaeya's been a bad influence on you." Diluc muttered, glancing at me. He was in the kitchen, helping Sasha make breakfast, and I gotta say, I was excited to taste his cooking.

"What makes you think this is my doing?" Kaeya asked defensively, his tone betraying elements of passive aggressiveness. I glanced nervously between the two of them. I didn't want a fight breaking out in my house. 

"Y'all, do I have to remind you every five seconds not to fight?" I sighed. 

"They're exactly like Jean and Eren." Sasha giggled.

"Hm?" Jean looked confused. "Who's Eren? I don't recall fighting with him..."

"Oh, not you, Jean!" Sasha amended. "We have another friend called Jean. He and our friend Eren fight all the time. Although, their fights tend to be more violent..."

"Don't give them any ideas." I muttered. "I don't need them punching each other. We don't have Mikasa here to break up their fights. Anyway, let's get down to business-"

"To defeat the Huns~" Sasha sang, giggling like a five year old.

"No." I said, playfully smacking her. "We should get them back to their world...somehow."

"This would be a lot simpler if we had Aether or Lumine here." Kaeya sighed, his earlier almost-fight with Diluc seemingly forgotten for now.

"I know, right?" I agreed. "I don't know how the hell they manage it. I mean, do they say some magic words? Is it an ability they were born with? Do they do some ritual or something??"

"Now there's an idea." Sasha laughed. "We'll summon a demon using a ritual and demand that they help us."

"Absolutely not." Xiao cut in. "You said they don't even exist in this world."

"He's right." I said, getting up to make myself coffee. "They don't exist here. Or...? I don't know actually..."

"What?" Xiao snapped. "You don't even know? This is your world, isn't it? Shouldn't you be aware of such things?!"

"Damn, calm down, honey." I said, raising my hands in surrender. "I don't think demons are real, based on many past experiences, but I also didn't think fictional characters would be living with me, so..."