oO Chapter 56 Oo

"Oh, thank the archons, (y/n), you're not dead!" Lumine breathed a sigh of relief, as she entered the room carrying a a jug of what i presumed was water and a glass. She set it down quickly on the nightstand and hugged me  as best she could, seeing as I was lying down. "I'm so glad..."

"Like a little lightning would kill me." I tried to say, but it honestly sounded more like a wheeze.

"But that's the thing," Lumine said gently, pulling back. "You shouldn't have survived that. A normal human wouldn't have."

"So, what, i'm some weird demon-angel hybrid like from bad 2000s Wattpad fics?" I managed, doing my best not to laugh because it would hurt my chest more.

Lumine deadpanned, visibly holding herself back from sighing. "I'm suddenly remembering why I was mad at you."

I flashed her a bright smile. "What happened while I was out?"

"Don't change the subject." An irk mark appeared on Lumine's forehead. "You're still in heaps and heaps of trouble."

I shrunk back a little into Xiao. "Don't make them talk too much." Xiao cut in, as Lumine was about to say something else.

Lumine nodded, crossing her arms. "We're at the Kamisato residence. Ayaka brought us here after we saved Thoma and you got hit by the lightning. Which, again, you shouldn't have survived."

"Well, any theories on that, gang?" I said, cringing inwardly at how scratchy my voice was.

"None so far. I don't think you're entirely human, but..." Lumine sighed. "We have no idea. But, hopefully, Albedo can find out."

"You mean you want him to run tests on me?"

"Do you have any other ideas?" Lumine said.

"...Good point." I sighed. 

"Anyway, how do you feel?"

"Like heck." I replied.

"Well, I have something to make you feel better." Lumine gave me a slight smile. "Albedo's coming over in a moment, with the others to see how you're doing."

I perked up immediately at that. And then instantly regretted moving so suddenly.

"Good. They need medical attention." Xiao said.

"Ayaka already had their best healer treat them." Lumine said, confused.

"I don't trust him." Xiao narrowed his eyes. "He looked at them weird. Got way too handsy."

Lumine looked at him silently, her expression conveying how exhausted she was of dealing with us and questioning why she's even here anymore. I just smiled.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Albedo!" I exclaimed, or well,  tried to, as my beloved entered the room. I made a point of keeping my wound covered up completely. Xiao had already seen it, which there was no helping, but the others didn't have to. You see, electrical burns look nothing like heat burns. They're horribly painful and charred and uneven, making it look like craters in my chest. And I just knew that this was going to leave a huge, huge scar. Not the cool ones, either.

"The rest of us are here too, (n/n)." Kaeya smiled, waving.

"Yeah, yeah, hi to the rest of you too, I guess." I said impatiently, making grabby hands like a three year old  towards Albedo. He took the hint and sat down next to me on the bed, to which I promptly clung onto his waist and leaned on him, content.

"Your voice sounds terrible." Albedo commented, running his fingers through my hair.

"Thanks babe, it's the intense physical trauma." I said.