oO Chapter 57 Oo

I sighed, sitting up in bed. After the first night I spent at the Kamisato residence, I'd been moved into Lumine's serenitea pot, where I was currently, in my shared bedroom with Xiao and Albedo. Understandably, Lumine had outright said no to me staying at the fatui camp, so...here I was. Two days later, unable to move much and we were still on a time limit. We had exactly a week left before Tevyat was too far gone. 

My healing was accelerated, since Scaramouche had insisted on sending healers. Honestly, I was a little surprised that he'd cared that much about me, not gonna lie. They estimated that I'd be able to move around with minimal difficulty within one or two more days. Needless to say, I was extremely impatient. 

I tried to be as helpful as I could, but there wasn't much I could do from here. I got out of bed frequently and went to hang out with Xiao and Albedo, but they almost always sent me back to bed. I did have my sketchbook with me, and a few books and mangas, but after two days, both were starting to get old.

I bit my lip, annoyed, and gingerly swung my legs over to the edge of the bed and stood up carefully. I swayed on my feet a little, leaning one hand against the wall to keep my balance. I contemplated going to visit Xiao and Albedo, but decided against it. They meant well, but there was only so long I could stay in bed before I got sick of it. 

Lumine was out at the moment, meeting with some people from the resistance on Watatsumi Island, so she wasn't an option. I wanted to go with her so badly, but she'd forced me to stay back. She said that I could go meet them in a few days when I was better, but that didn't really do anything to make me feel better.

That left Kaeya or Zhongli. I hesitated for a moment, pondering over which boy I should go to. I hadn't spent much time with Zhongli, honestly. I got the feeling that he'd probably send me back to bed as well, but oh well. Here we go. He's normally in the study, I think?

I made my way over to the study, which was conveniently located just two doors down the hall from my bedroom. It hurt my chest a little to walk, but I ignored the sting. I knocked on the door twice, waiting for a reply. I didn't have to wait long, before Zhongli's baritone voice came.

"Come in."

I cracked the door open, peeking into the room with a smile. "Hi, Zhongli."

"(y/n)." He put down his book  and stood up, walking over to the door, where I was. "Shouldn't you be resting?"

"I'm bored!" I complained. 

"I see." Zhongli chuckled. "Well, how do your burns feel?"

"They're not so bad anymore." I said, tapping my chest. "I can handle it."

"I'm sure you can, (n/n)." Zhongli smiled. "Did you need something?"

"I wanna do something." I said, hoping Zhongli wouldn't send me back to bed right away. "I wanna do something nice for the others, since they're taking care of me."

"You've already done a lot, (y/n)." Zhongli said, pushing back a stray lock of hair from my face. "There's really no need."

"Yeah, but I wanna." I shrugged.  "So! You wanna help me?"

"Alright." Zhongli conceded. "What did you have in mind?"

"Hm, how about we cook something?" I smiled, putting my hands on my hips.

"If I remember correctly, you don't do so well in a kitchen, (y/n)." Zhongli said.

"I mean, yeah, but I've got you with me, so what can go wrong?" I grinned.

"...A lot of things, but..." Zhongli tilted his head, hesitating for a moment. "Alright. I'll help you."

"Yay!" I cheered. "Let's make taiyaki!"