oO Chapter 9 Oo

Sasha looked around the living room which was now full of people, took a deep breath and stared at me. She'd just come back from her shift at work, and I don't think she was too pleased about all the new people. "...Okay. Explain to me what the hell happened here?"

"Uh, the portal appeared again..." I shifted my weight from one foot to the other. "And more characters arrived here."

"I..." Sasha shook her head to clear her thoughts and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Okay, did we at least find out anything else about the portal?"

"It only lets people out apparently." I explained. "It doesn't let anyone back through. I'm afraid Xiao learnt that the hard way."

"Is that why he's bleeding?"

"No no, that's because Albedo landed on his face when he came through." I waved off her concerns. "He kept trying to stab the portal. He was in a pretty bad mood after it happened though, so maybe don't take any risks with him right now."

"Yeah, he looks pissed." Sasha said quietly, glancing at him sideways. He was currently still leaning forward to stop the bleeding in his nose, and being crowded by both Klee and Qiqi trying to take care of him. It was cute honestly, but he looked like he felt he was being punished for something.

"Anyway, I'll introduce you to everyone." I said, changing the subject. I pulled her forward gently. "Okay, everyone." I smiled. "This is my best friend, Sasha. She lives here too, so expect to see a lot of her."

"Ugh, great." Scara huffed, dramatically crossing his arms. "More people. What is this, a hotel?"

"Do you ever shut up?" Diluc scowled. "(y/n) has the good graces to let you stay here with them in a world which you know absolutely nothing about, and you repay them by whining incessantly?" 

Scara sat up properly and glared at him. "What the fu-"

"OKAY, I'm gonna stop ya right there!" I interrupted. "I have literally just one rule, and it's no fighting. Diluc, I appreciate you defending me, but please don't start any fights with him."

"But- he- I- Ugh, fine." Diluc crossed his arms and leaned against the wall, in proper angsty emo fashion.

"Thank you." I smiled. "Alright, can someone please explain exactly what happened when you guys got transported here?"

"It was...extremely strange." Albedo said. "This particular portal doesn't behave normally. It's erratic and unstable. It's a wonder that we arrived in one piece."

"Did you notice anything weird before coming here?" I asked, tilting my head to one side slightly.

"Nothing out of the ordinary, no." Albedo replied, looking down, lost in thought. "One second I was conducting experiments at Dragonspine's summit, and the next I was falling through a portal..."

"You were at the summit?" I asked. "No wonder we couldn't find you!"

"I was unaware you were looking for me." He said, looking up. "May I ask what for?"

"We thought you might be able to figure out what's going on and help us get back." Kaeya said. "But, now you're here too."

"Well, there goes our plan of action...but, that isn't important right now, I guess..." I sighed. "Was it different for anyone else? I mean, the portal bit, not Dragonspine."

I received a chorus of 'no's all around. It was the same experience for everyone, pretty much.

"Well, this just got even weirder..." I mumbled, running a hand through my hair. "Alright, we'll deal with this later! For now, let's just focus on getting everyone settled in and comfortable. Is anyone hungry?....Sasha, put your hand down."