oO Chapter 70 Oo

(a/n: I'm such a dumbass, I didn't describe Cas at all in the last chapter-

anyway, have my designs for him!

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

The last time I'd been in the throne room of Celestia, I was surrounded by hostile gods and countless weapons were pointed at me. It seemed so far away now. I could hardly imagine these sorry ruins were the same grandiose chamber where I was stripped of my memories and godhood.

I glanced at Caspian, who had faithfully never left my side since he found me again. The battle had drawn to an end when the last god had been disposed of, about an hour ago. We'd agreed on this as a rendezvous point, but so far, it was just Cas and I here.

"Well, I guess we finally have some room to breathe, huh?" Caspian mumbled, surveying the ruined and crumbling archs of the ceiling. I knew he hated the last time he was here too. I was almost glad I'd lost my memories of his anguished expression, and the tears that he refused to let fall.

"Looks like we're the last Celestians left too..." I answered absent-mindedly.

"Well, I don't suppose you're eager to repopulate yet, sunflower?" Cas grinned, winking.

"Oh, please." I rolled my eyes. "I don't even want to stay here. I don't...I don't know where to go. I don't belong to Tevyat, but I don't exactly belong to...I can't even call it my world anymore."

"Well, wherever you go, I go." Caspian nodded once, his hand on my shoulder comfortingly. "Y'know, sunflowers bend to follow the sun? I call you sunflower, but honestly, you're the sun in this dynamic, and I'm the sunflower."

"Still a sweet talker." I chuckled. "But thank you, Cas. I appreciate that."

"Think nothing of it." Cas smiled. I smiled as well, noticing how his star halo glowed brighter when he smiled. He hadn't always had the star halo. He'd started wearing it after we got close, since I was the god of stars. It wasn't a very useful thing to have domain over, but Cas literally seemed starstruck the first time I told him. Honestly, our first meeting was strange. As Celestian royalty, obviously I was to have my entire life planned out for me, and that included my marriage. I'd been determined not to like Caspian, but he grew on me, even though he was my betrothed.

The funny thing about this situation is that I always used to think of him as my closest friend. But ever since regaining my memories it's like I've seen him in a new light for the first time. I'd never noticed the way his hair framed his youthful face, or the way his smile was slightly crooked, or the way his tan skin complimented his turquoise eyes. All the little details that had always been there were jumping out now, and it was almost hypnotising. 

"Well, that was tiring..." A voice behind us yawned. I snapped out of my fantasies and turned to see Lumine and Aether entering side by side.

"Oh my, well, if it isn't the famed twins my darling (y/n) risked everything for?" Cas smiled good-naturedly. 

Lumine yelped. "There's still a god left?! I thought we got them all!"

Aether narrowed his eyes and drew his sword. "Step away from (y/n), scum!"

"Y'all, relax, he's my friend." I raised both palms in surrender and stood between them and Caspian.

"Just friend?" Cas almost looked hurt, leaning his forearms on my shoulders from behind, looping his arms around me.

I deadpanned. "Fine, best friend. Happy?"

"I was hoping for fiancé, but fine." Cas shrugged.

"Fiancé?!"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"...so, yeah. That's the whole story. Everything." I finished, avoiding eye contact with everyone gathered in the throne room. I felt incredibly guilty about everything, though I had no memory of my past actions for most of my journey. 

They all looked shocked and confused to some degree, except for Xiao, Albedo and Aether who knew everything about my past already. They just looked slightly ticked off by Caspian's constant physical contact with me. Ironic, considering they were chill with Aether making out with me.

"So...ignoring the bombshell (y/n) just dropped on us...what do we do now?" Jean asked carefully. "Will Tevyat be fine without Celestia?"

"Tevyat will function as normal." Aether nodded. "In fact, things will probably get more peaceful. I'll call the abyss off, and the fatui shouldn't be on the offensive anymore, correct?"

Childe nodded. "We'll continue to serve the Tsaritsa, however, be warned that this does not necessarily mean peace between us. If she so wishes, the fatui will go to war with whoever she orders."

"Right, thanks for that." Aether deadpanned. "Couldn't let us have the moment, could you?"

"It's the truth." Childe shrugged, smiling.

"Anyway, the people of Tevyat are still in the dark about the situation with Celestia." Diluc chimed in. "Should they know?"

Aether shook his head. "It'll just cause panic. They need not know anything."

"Then...what about our Visions? Will those continue to work?" Hu Tao asked. 

"I'm...not sure. They should still function, considering not all of Celestia is dead." Aether gestured vaguely to Cas and I. I chuckled nervously and waved slightly.

"In that case, the only issue left to resolve is (y/n)." Kaeya said, pausing momentarily. "...And Caspian."

"I don't really wanna go back to my-I mean, the other world. I think I'll just stay in Tevyat." I shrugged. "Don't ask for specifics, though. I don't know either."

"Well, you're always welcome in Mondstadt!" Venti smiled warmly.

"Thanks, Venti." I chuckled.

"Feel free to come by Liyue as well." Xiao nodded.

"I do hope these invitations extend to me as well." Cas smiled.

"...Fine, whatever. As long as (y/n)'s fine with it."