oO Chapter 30 Oo

I hesitated to step out of the car. We were home, but instead of feeling comfortable to be back, I just felt extremely anxious. My hands refused to stay still, shaking a little as they drummed against the steering wheel and I almost felt nauseous. I'd sped home the entire way, even beating Childe back here. And that's saying something. In fact, he still wasn't here yet.

"Hey." Diluc started. He was sitting in the passenger seat in front. How he managed to get it from Xiao, I have no idea. "You don't have to talk to them yet. I can take care of it for you."

"That's sweet, but...I should do it myself." I took a deep breath. "Okay. Enough procrastinating. Let's go."

I pulled the keys out of the ignition and pushed the door open. I sighed deeply, the fresh morning air calming my nerves a little bit. I still had no idea how I wanted to play this. Should I be cold and indifferent? Or should I go in there, guns blazing and shout at them for abandoning me? Meh. Mix of both.

I unlocked my front door and pushed it open, making sure it slammed a little to announce my entrance. I scanned the entire living room before walking in, spotting my father sitting on the sofa. My mother didn't seem to be down here.

"Ah, hello father dearest." I grit my teeth, smiling passive-aggressively. "Long time, no see."

Beside me, Diluc faltered a bit, seemingly thrown off by my smile. I don't think that's what he was expecting. Either that, or he was fearing for my fathers life. You know how angry I have to be that I smile instead of shouting?

"(y/n)." my father said, too calm for my liking. "How have you been?"

"Yeah, skip the pleasantries, would you?" I deadpanned, dropping my keys on the kitchen counter unceremoniously.  "Where's mom? I'd like to tell her a thing or two about phone call etiquette." 

"As I remember, you were never one for etiquette." he chuckled. "She's upstairs, with your friend. Speaking of friends, you seem to have made quite a few." he glanced around the room at everyone else.

"That's what you're focusing on right now? Really?" I asked, doing my best to restrain a little bit. I haven't said swear words in front of them yet, and I don't intend to use my first f-bomb on him. "Where the hell have you been?"

"That is a very broad question."

"Don't toy with me right now, old man." I seethed. "You know what I mean."

He sighed. "Your mother and I didn't leave voluntarily, (y/n)."

"You were kidnapped?"

"Something like that, yes." he looked down, seemingly lost in thought. "I don't know if you'll believe me."

"Try me." I deadpanned.

"We...fell through some...portal type thing? To another world. Tevyat, it's called." he said, avoiding my gaze.

"You....what?" I managed, my face scrunching up in confusion. 

Everyone else perked up immediately at this tidbit of information.

"What exactly do you know about the portal that took you there?" Xiao questioned, leaning forward in interest.

"Not much, really." he said. "You...look familiar."

"Yeah, because they're from Tevyat, dad." I said sarcastically. "If you paid attention to anything there, you would have recognised these people by now. As usual, you only pay attention to yourself." I sighed. "Whatever, where exactly in Tevyat did you land? Mondstadt? Liyue? Probably not Inazuma, you wouldn't have survived there."

"Liyue." Another voice chimed in. "A little place named Qingce village, I believe."

I looked up at the staircase, to see my mother standing at the top.

"(y/n)!" Sasha was right behind her, dashing down the stairs in an instant and tackling me into a hug.

"Sasha!" I smiled as I returned her hug, squeezing her tightly. "Thanks for holding down the fort here. They weren't too tyrannical, I hope?"

"We're right here, you know." my mother deadpanned.

I shot a little glare at her and ignored what she said.

"Oh, you know, just the usual." Sasha chuckled, pulling away. "Are you okay?" She asked softly, concern glimmering in her eyes.

"I'm fine." I answered, smiling at her. "I'm more concerned about the fact that they've apparently been in Tevyat this whole time."

"Yeah, I heard." Sasha sighed. "But, hey, maybe they know how to go back and forth? They somehow managed to get back here after all."

"Hey, yeah, good point." I said, returning my attention to my parents, who seemed highly uncomfortable. "How did you get back here?"

"We...managed to make a deal."

"With?"

"This lovely young man." My mother started. "His name was Aether, I believe."

"That's my brother!" Lumine exclaimed. "Do you know where he is?! How did you find him?!"

"Calm down, dear." my mother said, smiling a little. "I don't know where he is right now. He found us, not the other way around."

"Oh." Lumine sobered up a little. "Did he leave any hints? Anything potentially useful?"

"He said he knew of a way to get us home." my father said. "And then, this...humanoid thing...opened up a portal for us."

"Humanoid thing?" Diluc questioned. "By any chance, do you perhaps mean an Abyss Herald?"

"I don't know what it was called." my mother apologised. "I think that was it."

"So we need an Abyss Herald to get you guys back home." I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Where are we meant to find one of those? They're hard enough to find in your world, much less this one."

"If we can find Aether, then maybe we can find the Herald." Lumine offered hopefully.

"I'll...try." I started. "I've been so busy with you guys since you got here, that I've barely touched Genshin. I think there was some quest involving Aether that I haven't done yet. Maybe that will turn up something?"

"I don't mean to rush you, but...can we do it right now? Please?" Lumine asked.

"Absolutely, Lumi."

(a/n: look at that, double update yesterday and another update today. I'm on a roll here-)