oO Chapter 50 Oo

"So, have you met someone named Master Masakatsu?" I asked Yoimiya curiously.

"Huh?" Yoimiya crossed her arms and her eyes widened a little bit. "You guys know him too?"

"Miss Kamisato mentioned his name..." Lumine added.

"You don't say!" Yoimiya exclaimed. "Then it sounds like the Shirasagi Himegimi has a plan...Awesome! I've been thinking about breaking him out too recently. But if I just marched in there myself, I'd probably get Miss Kamisato into a whole heap of trouble, hehe...So, what about if I joined you instead?!"

"Of course." I smiled. "It'd be great to have you on the team."

"Ah, Ayaka told us to look for help at a fireworks shop!" Paimon said energetically, realisation dawning in her eyes. "She must have meant you!"

"Hehe, looks like I've finally got a new job to do!" Yoimiya giggled. "...Y'know, besides hiding Vision bearers in my shop, that is. So, Master Masakatsu is being held at the police station. I've already surveyed the area and found a way in!"

"Wow, talk about a reliable source!" Paimon praised Yoimiya.

"Ayaka sure knew what she was doing when she sent us to you." I whistled appreciatively. "That's impressive." 

"Not bad, huh?" Yoimiya smiled, enjoying the compliments. "Let's go as soon as everyone's ready. Don't worry, Master Masakatsu, we're on our way!"

"Time to break him out!" Paimon cheered.

"Calm down, Paimon." I chuckled. "This is meant to be a secret mission, remember?"

"Oh..." Paimon laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head sheepishly. "My bad."

 •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Uh...Now that we're inside, this place is a whole lot creepier than Paimon imagined...ehe..."

My head instantly whipped around to stare at Paimon in shock and glee. A smile quickly grew on my face as I seized my opportunity. "Ehe te nandayo?!"

"I knew this was coming." Lumine groaned, facepalming.

Paimon gasped dramatically, bringing her hands up to her face so quickly and with such force that she nearly launched floating body backwards. "Paimon fell into your trap!"

"Eh?" Yoimiya stared at us blankly, though there was still an amused smile on her face.

"It's a running joke (y/n) has with one of our friends." Lumine explained sourly.

"Oh." Yoimiya giggled. "C'mon, this way! As long as we stay quiet, we've got a good chance! I certainly wouldn't want to end up locked away in here...Let's find Master Masakatsu and get out of here. We should split up! I've got a little present to prepare for Master Masakatsu, hehe..."

"Wonderful idea!" I said, stepping towards Yoimiya and then turning to face Lumine and Paimon. "I'll go with Yoimiya!"

"Good thinking." Paimon smiled. "You can't fight yet, so it's better to keep you with Yoimiya so Lumine won't get distracted!"

"Wha-I-Hey!" I put my hands on my hips defensively, frowning. "I can fight!"

"They just wanted an excuse to flirt with Yoimiya more." Lumine smiled, seemingly amused. "Keep up, Paimon."

"Wait, but weren't they just flirting with you earlier? And Xiao and Albedo, and-Ugh! Paimon's brain hurts!" Paimon put a hand on her head, lost in thought. "How many people do you like, (y/n)?!"

"That's about enough out of you, Paimon." I said quickly, covering Paimon's mouth and pushing her towards Lumine. "Off you go!"

"Hehe, we should go too, (y/n)." Yoimiya smiled. She didn't seem put off by Paimon being a blabbermouth earlier. As long as she didn't seem bothered, I decided I wasn't comment on it either.

Lumine waved once with two fingers, in a kind of salute and summoned her sword, turning on her heel. She walked forward, gracefully but with purpose, her sword trailing behind her. It was a little hot, actually. Paimon followed her, making sure to keep her distance from Lumine's sword in case they encountered enemies.

"So, Yoimiya~" I smiled, turning to face the strawberry blonde girl. "Is your surprise by any chance arson? Because I excel at that."

"Sorta~"

(a/n: I have been very bad about updating this book i'm sorryyyyy-

But, I've got holidays for a few days now, so expect a few more updates!)