oO Chapter 65 Oo

I stared blankly at my reflection in the mirror, gaping slightly at the purple marks on my neck and collarbones. I felt blood rush to my cheeks, tearing my gaze away from my visage. I'm gonna smack Aether so hard for this, I swear-

At some point last night, we'd both fallen asleep, and I was currently still in Aether's room, though he was sound asleep. He looked angelic, almost, what with peaceful expression and long blond hair fanned out around him like a halo.

I sighed, covering up my shoulders with the shirt. And before you ask, no, we did not do the frickle frackle, you dirty minded heathens.

I glanced at the window, relieved to see that it was still dark outside, through the gap in the curtains. That meant I had time before we waged war on Celestia, and the others  arrived. The only light in the room was the soft glow of the  crackling fireplace. It felt peaceful, for now, though I knew it wouldn't last for long. At least, on the bright side, I'd get  to see Xiao and Albedo again. 

We planned to start at twelve in the afternoon, and everyone was supposed to arrive at ten, at the very latest. Judging from the darkness outside, it couldn't have been past two or three.  I  really should go back  to sleep...

I hadn't realised how long I'd been staring at the window until I heard Aether stir behind me.

"(n/n)?" he said groggily, pushing his hair out of his  face as he sat up. "Why're you awake? You're not up for round two, are you?" He added teasingly, a smug smirk on his face, even though he was still half asleep.

"Oh, please." I chuckled, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "I doubt you'd be able to control yourself."

"Eh? What's that supposed to mean?"

I deadpanned at him, pulling  down the collar of my shirt to reveal the darkening marks he left.

"I don't know what you're fussed about, because I think those look good on you." Aether shrugged.

"Shameless." I smiled.

"But seriously, what are you doing up right now?" Aether yawned. "You know what time it is?"

"Heck if I know." I shrugged. "I just woke up and I couldn't fall back asleep."

"If you're worried about tomorrow, there's no need to be." Aether said sleepily. "I don't intend to let you get anywhere near the heat of the battle, and besides, I have the entire abyss at my command. It'll be fine."

"Oh, I'm not worried about whether we'll win." I shrugged. "I'm just worried about the aftermath. I mean, what'll happen to Tevyat?"

Aether shrugged. "It'll carry on. The gods aren't necessary to Tevyat's survival, but they do have some influence. And right now, that influence is killing everything. It looks fine right now, but in a few days' time...Just go back to sleep for now. It's fine."