oO Chapter 48 Oo

(a/n: hi hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been very active recently! It's just that school is kicking my butt rn, and i haven't found much time to update or even do anything fun. Fear not, I have included Ayato in this chapter as an apology though! Also, I have Voltron brainrot at the moment, so i might make genshin au for that-)

"You're extremely reckless, you know that?" Lumine sighed, running a hand through her hair anxiously. We had just left the Kamisato estate, and I, sadly, didn't have the chance to see Ayaka or her brother. Oh well, we were scheduled to come back tomorrow for another meeting anyway. Perhaps I would see both Kamisato siblings then. 

"Yeah, not to brag, but I don't need to be under the influence of anything to make bad decisions." I shrugged. "And besides, things are gonna happen anyway to make us join Ayaka. Why not skip all that stuff and go straight to the point?"

"Things happen for a reason, (n/n)." Lumine smacked me lightly while I just smiled in response.

"Still." I said nonchalantly. "It's easier this way."

"I know, it's just..." Lumine looked forward, not meeting my gaze. "I don't have a Vision, so i'm mostly safe from this hunt thing, but you aren't...and...I've talked to Venti and Zhongli about this. I don't want you put in harms way just because you couldn't hold your tongue. I've seen how you act with authority figures. Try that with the Shogun and you'd probably be dead within seconds."

"'Tis an honourable death." I said playfully. "Plus, you can always revive me with that fried egg, right?"

"That's not the point." Lumine smacked me again. "It's better to not die at all."

"Whatever you say." I shrugged. Even I was a little bit surprised inwardly at how casually I was taking this. I mean, this wasn't just a game anymore. This was actually life for me now. 

"(y/n), just..." Lumine intertwined her fingers with mine, squeezing tightly. "Be careful. A revolution is going to be dangerous, no matter what side you're on."

 •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Oh, Ayaka~" I said in a sing-song voice, walking with a little more bounce in my step as Lumine and I entered the Kamisato's meeting area, where we'd met Ayaka last time. "Guess who's back to annoy you again~"

Lumine chuckled at my antics, but paused hesitantly when we received no response from behind the screen. "Ayaka?"

I tilted my head, scrunching up my face in confusion. Gingerly, I stepped forward towards the screen. I didn't want to overstep any boundaries, but Ayaka not responding was a little strange. "Ayaka? You there?"

I took another step forward, only to be stopped by Thoma's hand on my shoulder behind me. I jumped a little, startled at the contact but relaxed once I saw Thoma's friendly smile. His focus shifted to the screen, gazing expectantly as his hand retracted from my shoulder. I followed his line of vision, to find Ayaka shyly stepping out from behind the screen, her blue and gold fan covering the lower half of her face.

She looked at Lumine and I nervously for a moment before glancing to Thoma who smiled at her reassuringly. She turned her attention back to us, lowering and folding her fan, smiling shyly. To say I was starstruck would be an understatement.

Honestly, I'd seen the designs for Ayaka before, but it hadn't sunk in just how truly gorgeous she is. I stared at her for a moment, my lips parted in awe. I didn't glance over to see it, but Lumine had the exact same expression too. I hadn't expected her to be so pretty, and honestly, the shy little smile she gave us was the cherry on top.