oO Chapter 28 Oo

"...I can't sleep." I murmured, staring up blankly at the ceiling. It was around two in the morning, and I couldn't fall asleep at all. It's probably a good thing that I was rooming with two insomniacs in this situation. Well, Xiao never sleeps anyway, but that's besides the point.

"Okay, and?" Xiao retorted. 

"I'm bored."

"Would you like to do something, then?" Albedo asked softly.

"Ah, I think I've got my laptop here... Albedo, you brought yours too, right?" I said, absentmindedly sitting up and rummaging through my suitcase. He nodded. "Wanna play minecraft with me?"

"Ah, I think I've heard of this game before." Albedo commented.

"So you'll play?"

"Okay."

"Yay! And you, Xiao?"

"...Why?" Xiao asked, tilting his head in confusion. "If you play right now, you won't sleep at all."

"Better than being bored." I shrugged. "We could make a treehouse or something, with like, soft glowy lights and balconies and an open air layout. It'll be fun!"

"...Fine. I'll just watch you play, though." I nodded and smiled softly. I settled down next to him with my laptop, but me being me, I decided it wasn't comfortable enough and instead moved to sit in between his legs, so he could see what I was doing. I leaned back against his chest and giggled softly.

"You're soft." I chuckled quietly.

"No, I'm not." Xiao shot back, though he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Yeah, you are." I smiled. "Ah! It's raining!" I giggled. The world I'd created was currently being soaked through by the minecraft rain. The sky was a stormy grey and all the colours seemed muted. I liked it, though.

"Where are we building?" Albedo asked, glancing over at my screen to see where I was. He was sitting next to Xiao, his head resting on Xiao's shoulder every now and then.

"Mountain top?" I suggested. "Somewhere high up."

"Didn't you say a treehouse?" Xiao questioned.

"Could be anything." I shrugged. "Just has to be off the ground."

"Why?"

"Just because." 

 •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Ahh, this is turning out to be so pretty!" I giggled softly, standing still in-game to admire our work. It was still raining, which only added to the effect. 

We could't find a tree large enough for what we wanted to build, so Albedo and I spent a while stacking wood blocks to make a large pillar that resembled a tree trunk. From there, we'd laid down wooden planks and railings to make a wide terrace. Once that was done, we'd made a rough layout of an open air atrium with a glass dome as a ceiling. After that, we placed leaves here and there to make it actually look like a tree and little block lights that didn't glow very bright, but looked pretty. We still had to add furniture, but it looked good so far.

"I wanna live here in real life." I commented.

"We have to place furniture before anyone can live here." Albedo reminded me, chuckling softly.

"Ah, yes. Can I put my bed next to yours?"

"Of course."

I smiled, moving my avatar to a corner of the treehouse, placing a bed of my favourite colour down. Albedo followed suit, and I gasped. "Wait, we gotta put one for Xiao too!"

"Ah, you don't have to-"

"Yes, we do." I cut Xiao off, looking up at him. "This is gonna be your world too, once you start playing."

"You're so difficult." Xiao sighed. "Alright then. Put one down for me, as well."

I giggled softly, placing another bed. "Well, it's official, you guys." I announced. "We're married now."

"I guess we are." Albedo smiled, playing along with me.

"...What?" Xiao scrunched up his nose in confusion.

"We're married." I repeated, giggling at his expression. "We placed our minecraft beds together. It's the law."

"..."

"You can take my last name!" I smiled. "Xiao (l/n) and Albedo (l/n). Sounds pretty good, huh?"

"I like it." Albedo shrugged.

"Hehe, how about you, Xiao?"

"You're an idiot."

"Yeah, but I'm your idiot." I chuckled, zooming in on the beds. "Foreveeeeer!"

"I want a divorce." Xiao retorted, though there was a little smile playing on his lips.

"Nope." I chuckled, leaning up to kiss his cheek. "You're stuck with us."

I was about to tease him further, but my phone vibrated furiously and I sighed, annoyed that someone had the audacity to call me at this time.

I picked it up, ready to give whoever was calling me a bunch of sass. "My good sir, do you have any idea what time it is? Why the hell are you calling me at three am?"

"Is that any way to speak to me?"

I froze at the sound of the voice coming through the phone. "...Mom?"