oO Chapter 35 Oo

"Hiya, Albedo!" I exclaimed, as I entered his workshop in Knights of Favonius HQ. "Whatcha working on?"

Kaeya sighed as he followed me into the room. "Y'know, it's probably not the best idea to shout and startle someone working in a lab, (y/n)."

"Oh, right, my bad." I smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, honey."

"It's alright, (y/n)." Albedo smiled softly. "No damage was done."

Sucrose looked up from her notebook and glanced back and forth between Albedo and I.

"...Honey?" She questioned. "Oh, are you (miss/mister/mx) (y/n)? Klee told me a bit about you..."

"Yup, that's me!" I smiled, fake saluting with two fingers and walking over to her. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sucrose."

"A-ah, you know who I am?"

"Yup." I smiled. "Klee told me quite a bit about you too."

"Oh..." Sucrose's cheeks tinted red and she adjusted her glasses. "She- um, she told me you were from another world...?"

"She's correct." I confirmed. I paused momentarily, realising what that meant. "Oh dear, I hope she isn't telling everyone I'm from another world."

"I'm sure Master Jean has told her not to." Sucrose assured me. "Is it alright if...we run a few tests? To see how you differ from the people of this world?"

"Sure thing, but be warned, my stamina is trash and I am not suited for physical activity at all." I sighed. "I don't even know how to use any weapons..."

"O-oh." Sucrose stuttered.

"What about that time you were fooling around with Xiao's polearm?" Albedo pointed out. "You seemed pretty comfortable with it."

"I dunno, honey, I was just play fighting with Childe." I shrugged. "I don't know if I could do it if it came down to killing something."

"Why don't we find out?" Albedo smiled.

 •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"This...was such...a mistake..." I panted, leaning against my new polearm. It wasn't anything really fancy, like Xiao's polearm, or Zhongli's. It was basically just a white tassel, of the type the Millelith use. 

We were at the statue of Venti at Windrise, aka one of my favourite places in the game. There were quite a few low level enemies there, so I figured that'd be a good starting point to test my abilities. Plus, if I got injured the statue was right there to heal me.

"Would you like to take a break?" Albedo asked, making a few notes a clipboard that I was very suspicious about.

"Yes, please." I said, basically collapsing on the grass. I would never have done that in my own world, but the grass here seemed softer and thicker. It was almost hard to believe that Aether said this world was dying.

"You're doing very well for a beginner!" Sucrose comforted me, clutching her own notebooks and leaning over me.

"Thanks, Sucrose." I sighed.

"You're...quite lacking in physical capabilities as of now." Albedo commented. 

I turned my head to stare at him, not getting up. "Gee, thanks, babe."

"Shall we move on to the next test?" Albedo asked. "If you're ready, that is."

I groaned. "Yeah, gimme a sec." I sat up reluctantly, walking over to the statue of Venti. "Heal me up, please." I mumbled under my breath. I sighed happily, feeling a wave of invigoration wash over me. "Okay! Strength restored! What's next?"

"A-ah, (y/n), you've got a..." Sucrose trailed off, her eyes widening. I followed her line of sight to my hip and did a double take as I saw an anemo Vision hanging from a chain.

I stared at it blankly for a moment before biting my lip to keep myself from screaming. "Well. That's new. I didn't think I'd qualify for one of these."

"Do you know how to use it?" Albedo questioned, crouching down near me to inspect it closely. "How strange." He commented. "It only has one set of wings. Normal Visions from Mondstadt have three sets."

"Ah, that's probably because I'm not from this world." I said. "...I think. Just a guess. And to answer your earlier question, no, I have no idea how to use this."

"Try it out once." Albedo said, standing up.

"Uh..." I glanced at the polearm in my hand and thought for a moment. Xiao has the same weapon and Vision as I do. Maybe his fighting style could be a starting point for me. I thrust the polearm forward, silently willing my Vision to work. I stared in disbelief as a little whirlwind gathered at the end of my polearm blade and grew in force and fury as it detached itself from the blade and...exploded, sort of? There wasn't any pyro involved, I mean, it just kinda went 'poof' but violently.

"Fun." I said, smiling proudly at my handiwork. 

"Any other new abilities?" Sucrose asked. "Why don't you try activating your elemental vision?"

"Ah right, that's a thing I should be able to do now." I mumbled, squinting my eyes. I was mainly focusing on a hydro slime in the distance, since that would be easy to recognise in elemental vision. My eyes widened as the world around me went grey and only those with elemental energy glowed. There was kinda a new feature added to it, though. I could additionally see the level and health bar of each being around me, like in-game. I glanced at myself, seeing that I was only at level one.

"That's why I was having so much trouble..." I muttered, deactivating my elemental vision.

"Did it work?" Sucrose asked.

"Yup." I confirmed. "Ooh, also, I could see what level everyone was at, plus their HP."

"HP?" Sucrose questioned.

"Health points." Albedo explained. "Simply put, a bar showing how much damage you can take and how much health you have left."

"Oh, how interesting..." Sucrose mumbled, seemingly lost in her own little world. "I'd like to hear more about this. Just out of curiousity, what level was I at?"

"Ah, you were level sixty." I said. "And Albedo was at level ninety."

I assumed this had happened because I don't have Albedo, so he was automatically maxed out, if that makes sense? I knew Sucrose was at level sixty because I had her, and I hadn't ascended her yet.

"Ah, I'm...thirty levels behind." She smiled sheepishly, blushing a little.

"Hey, that's still pretty good considering the slimes and hilichurls are at like, level fifty." I assured her. "You can definitely handle yourself out there."

"What level were you at?" Albedo asked, looking at me curiously.

I winced slightly. "...Level one..."

"...Wow."