oO Chapter 49 Oo

"Okay, I wasn't listening the first time round." I admitted, casually strolling out of Komore tea house, my arms folded behind my head. "What's happening again?"

"(y/n)." Lumine chastised tiredly. 

"How did you not retain anything? You were looking at Ayaka so intensely the whole time!" Paimon exclaimed.

"Well, that's because I was so enamoured by her great beauty that I could hardly focus on anything else." I shrugged, smiling shamelessly.

"You're insufferable, you know that?" Lumine glanced at me.

"Hey now, I know you noticed how pretty she is too." I nudged Lumine, grinning. "I noticed you noticing."

"Yeah, yeah." Lumine waved me off. "As if."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, honey." I said, actively trying not to be a prick. "Anyway, what are we doing now?"

"We're going to go rescue a man named Master Masakatsu because we need him to make counterfeit Visions for the rebellion." Lumine explained. "And to do that, we're gonna go pay a visit to a girl named Yoimiya."

"Ah, Yoimiya!" I perked up instantly. "I've seen her before! I love her tattoos! What d'ya think Lumi, should I get a tattoo too?"

"You're crazy." Lumine said, amusement lacing her voice. 

"Yeah, I know." I smirked. "Ooh, how about I get it on my thigh, like Ningguang?"

"You could probably pull it off." Lumine admitted. "I wouldn't be able to see it though."

"Hey, who knows?" I shrugged. "Maybe once I get the tattoo I'll wear short clothes more often. And even if I don't, if you wanna see it, all you gotta do is ask~" I winked.

"When did you become such a flirt?" Lumine exclaimed, covering her crimson face with one hand and smacking me repeatedly with the other.

"I dunno, honey." I chuckled. "It's character development!" I teased. "And besides," I caught her hand as she smacked me lightly again and moved her other hand away from her face, leaning in so close my lips were mere inches away from hers. "Your flustered face is cute~"

"I'm gonna hit you again!"

"Kinky." I giggled, letting go of her wrists and pulling back.

"Could you two save your flirting for when Paimon isn't here?!" The little fairy fumed, stomping the air.

"Hey, what's happening over there?" My attention was attracted by two shogunate samurai harrassing a young man who seemed to be pleading with them.

"Just hand it over, you don't want any trouble with me." The bigger of the two soldiers said, crossing his arms. He seemed very full of himself, and I was suddenly filled with the urge to knock that smug self-assured sneer off his face. "If you think your elemental powers are enough to resist the Vision Hunt Decree, then you'd better think again."

"Can't you make an exception? I just got this Vision-I won't even use it, I promise!" The man pressed his palms together in front of his face, begging the shogunate samurai, who showed no signs of giving in.

"Hey, Lumi?" I asked, the teasing tone from earlier gone. "Can we go beat that guy up? He's getting on my nerves. Just who does he think he is?"

"I think you've forgotten you can't fight." Lumine deadpanned. "Stand back, I'll handle this." She put her fists up, moving into a fighting stance. She was just about to strike, but before she had the chance to, a whispered hiss came from behind us and I immediately whirled around to see who it was, caught off guard.

"Come on...!" The hushed voice came again, rising in urgency. "This way...!"

I shared a quick glance with Lumine before shrugging and walking over to investigate.

"Huh? What's going on?" Paimon questioned as the source of the voice came into view as we rounded the corner of the nearest house. "Can't you see we need to go help...?"

I smiled upon seeing Yoimiya standing in front of us, pressing a finger to her lips.

"Shh! Quiet! Just sit tight and watch for a moment..." Yoimiya said, whisper-shouting. 

"Hey, just because you don't have a Vision-" Paimon fumed, cutting herself off once she noticed the pyro Vision tied around Yoimiya's slender waist. "Oh, you do have a Vision..."

"Shh!" Yoimiya repeated herself. "If you don't keep your voice down, I won't have one for much longer! Speaking of, you might want to hide yours better." She glanced down at my hip, where my anemo Vision hung.

"Ah." I snapped out of my temporary Yoimiya-induced daze and tucked away my Vision in my clothes.

"Alright, alright..." The voice of the young man being troubled by the shogunate samurais came. "Here, just take it."

"Wise choice." The cocky voice of that samurai rung clear and I had to restrain myself from punching him. Not that I could have done much damage. "Alright, let's go."

"How could he give up his Vision so easily...?" I breathed in disbelief. "Doesn't he know what'll happen to him...?!"

"Ugh, this is your fault!" Paimon stomped the air. "You're the one who stopped us from interfering!

"Phew, many thanks, miss Yoimiya." The relieved voice of a man came from beside us. I was startled a little, jumping away. "If you hadn't swapped me a fake just now, I'm sure I would have lost it."

"No worries!" Yoimiya smiled brightly. "You put on quite a convincing performance!"

"Seems we were almost fooled too." Lumine admitted, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly.

"Oh, so that's what was going on here!" Paimon exclaimed. "And to think Paimon was about to unleash Paimonal wrath on miss Yoimiya...hehe...sorry about that."

"I'd like to see Paimonal wrath." I raised a brow.

"Haha, ah, think nothing of it!" Yoimiya chirped, putting her hands on her hips. "I could tell for your reaction we were on the same side-you just didn't know it, y'know? Alright, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Yoimiya, the current owner of Naganohara fireworks! It ain't much, but it's honest work, hehe. Great to meet ya!"

"Likewise." I beamed. "I'm (y/n), and these are Lumine and Paimon."