oO Chapter 64 Oo

(a/n: Literally do not even ask me what this chapter is, I just suddenly had a huge crush on Aether, so uh...here we are. So, uh, we've got Albedo and Xiao, so how do we fell about adding Aether to that mix? I don't think it needs that much of a warning, but there is a slightly spicy scene, so have fun with that-

Also, time works differently in Tevyat and our world so like, five hundred years for Aether was nothing for us.)

"Well, that was fun." I commented as Scaramouche and I left the conference room. We had been summoned to the Tsaritsa's throne room, and you know what that means! Time to be an absolute dumbass to distract myself from nerves!

"Really?" Scara glanced back at me, his face scrunched up in confusion.

"No." I replied, in a well, duh tone of voice. "I just realised the only harbingers that don't freak me out are you and Childe."

"You shouldn't trust Scaramouche or Childe either, y'know." A voice spoke up from behind us. I perked up immediately, recognising who it was.

"Aether!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around his neck and hugging him. "I'm so glad to see you!"

"Heh, I missed you too, (n/n)." Aether chuckled, patting my back.

"Didn't you two only meet that one time?" Scaramouche tilted his head, even more confused. "How can you already be so close?"

"We have a spiritual connection, Scara." I teased, not even bothering to hide the grin on my face,  pulling away so all that remained of our hug was Aether's arm still around my waist.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Scara rolled his eyes. "Just hurry up." He promptly turned on his heel and continued walking.

"So, what's our plan of attack?" I asked Aether, noting how he hadn't let go of my waist as we walked.

"I'll explain once we get there." Aether said. "Relax, we're not doing anything much right now. We have to wait for the others first."

"The others? Oh! You mean everyone who came to my world?" I questioned.

"Ding ding ding!" Aether grinned teasingly.

"Yayy, I missed them!" I giggled. "But...don't they have to finish Inazuma first?"

"Don't worry about it, sweetheart." Aether winked. "I've got it covered."

"Damn, y'know, I didn't expect the prince of the Abyss to be so flirty." I bit back a laugh.

"Well, is it working?" 

"It might be." I teased, bumping my hip with his playfully.

"Oh my archons, do you two want a room, or can we get this over with?" Scara said, exasperated. 

"I think we annoyed him." Aether whispered, leaning towards me.

"Really? I didn't notice." I whispered back.

"I'm gonna murder both of you after this." Scara glanced back, annoyed. I was about to reply but promptly shut up when we reached an insanely tall set of double doors. I assumed this was the throne room, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't terrified of entering. Luckily, I had no choice because Aether tugged me along with him.

"(y/n) (l/n)."

I almost winced at the sound of the Tsaritsa's voice echoing through the room.

"Yep, that would be me." I waved, as Aether let go of my waist. I came to halt in front of the Tsarita's throne, awkwardly looking up at her impassive face. Wait, do I have to kneel?

"Your highness," Aether cheerfully began. "It's lovely to see you again so soon."

"Likewise, Aether." The Tsaritsa replied, though her voice held no warmth or any emotion at all, in general. "I'm glad we had this opportunity to become better acquainted with one another, before tomorrow's events, (y/n)."

"It's...nice to meet you too...your highness." I smiled awkwardly, almost surprised at my complete mood shift.

"My, my." The Tsaritsa tilted her head, almost seeming amused, though her expression betrayed no hint of it. "What a surprise. The famous spunk I've heard so much about from my subordinates seems to be absent."

"Well...no offence, your highness, but you're kinda terrifying." I shrugged, ignoring the look Scaramouche gave me.

She laughed humourlessly. "In any case, I hope we'll be able to work together with no issues."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

I shivered the moment we stepped out of the throne room. "Well, that wasn't fun."

Aether chuckled and ruffled my hair. "Hey, look on the bright side. At least she doesn't dislike you."

"She didn't seem to like me very much either." I replied. "Anyway, what are we doing now?"

"You two do whatever you want." Scara shrugged. "I have business to attend to."

With that, he walked away, leaving Aether and I alone.

"He never stops, does he?" I commented, chuckling slightly.

"I mean, at least that leaves you and me free to do whatever we like, right?" Aether shrugged, winking.

"Hey, hey, what's that supposed to mean?" I elbowed him playfully.

"Oh, nothing..." Aether trailed off, an amused twinkle glinting in his eyes.

"Ah, whatever." I sighed, stretching. "I just wanna sit and talk or something."

"Sure." Aether took my hand in his and led me to what I assumed was his room. "Make yourself at home."

I happily obliged, and unceremoniously flopped onto his bed, laying on my back. That was a terrible decision, however, because I forgot I was wearing one of Childe's shirts. I flushed and moved to cover up my exposed stomach before Aether could notice.

"Hey, Aether?"

"Yeah?" He answered, lying down on the bed next to me, on his back.

"What am I gonna do after all this over?"

"...Whatever you want." Aether replied. "If you want to stay, then stay, but if you want to go back home, I can take you."

I chuckled. "Thanks. That's sweet."

"Not as sweet as you." He said smugly, poking my cheek.

"Oh, please, that's such a tired line." I laughed, swatting his hand away. "If you're gonna try fluster me, you gotta up your game."

"Oh, yeah?"

I felt him shift next to me and I panicked internally. Especially when he straddled me, pinning my wrists above my head before I could react. Well, shit-

"How's this?" He smirked, barely hiding his amusement.

"As if that's gonna work either." I managed impatiently, hoping there wasn't an obvious blush on my face.

He just laughed. "Oh, you're a tough one, huh? Tell me if I go too far, yeah?" He spoke the last part in a hushed whisper, adjusting himself so he was pinning my wrists with just one hand. His other hand snaked through the opening of my shirt, exploring the expanse of skin. However, thankfully, his hand never strayed too low or high.

And then I blurted out something I can't explain, so please please don't ask me to-

"Kiss me."

"What?" Aether froze, his grasp on my wrists going limp.

"I-I mean,  you don't ha-"

Aether chuckled, recovering from his momentary lapse. "Are you sure you're alright with that?"

I nodded, barely even having time to say yes, before his lips captured mine, feverishly kissing me. I gasped slightly, as his grip on my wrists tightened and he took the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. 

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." He pulled away, his voice breathless and low. "I've known you for five hundred years...and this is all i've wanted to do since the moment I saw you."

"Then do it again." I replied, my own voice out of breath.

To my delight, he more than happily obliged.