oO Chapter 18 Oo

"...Well, that's ominous." I commented casually, taking a sip of my coffee, staring up at my wall. You see, I figured out what that noise was last night. Half my wall was now covered in cracks, spanning up from the floor all the way to the ceiling. Plus, all the picture frames and decorations I had hung up on my wall, were now shattered on the floor.

The spirit was definitely still here. Either that, or Klee decided to test her bombs at three AM in my living room.

"Uh..." Sasha blanked, staring at the mess or broken glass and wall in shock. She laughed nervously. "What the heck?"

"I don't know either, but I am definitely not staying in this house." I said. "At least, not until I get an exorcism or whatever."

"You've got two Archons and an adeptus here." Sasha said. "Why don't you ask them?"

"Yeah, I will, as soon as they get down here." I sighed, hoisting myself up on the kitchen counter, to stay near Sasha while she cooked. "Hey, do you remember center parcs?"

"Hm?" Sasha looked up momentarily. "Oh, yeah. That resort type thing in the forest, right?"

"Mhm." I hummed. "You wanna go there?"

"Yeah, kinda. I'll have to see if I can get time off work first." Sasha smiled. "But what do we do about the others?"

"They'll come as well." I said. "It'd be like a staycation or something like that."

"Fun." Sasha said, mixing pancake batter. "If I remember correctly, they had that huge pool too. The one that was made to look like a tropical jungle that had actual waves."

"Yeah, it was-Oh, hey Venti!" I chirped, smiling at him.

"Good morning, (n/n)~" Venti winked, as he slid down the staircase railing, because who needs stairs, right? "What's on the agenda for-uh..." Venti trailed off, noticing the pile of glass shards and the broken wall. "So that's what that noise was."

"I'm kinda glad we didn't check that out last night." I said, jumping down from the counter.

"You were awake again last night?" Xiao sighed. "I might have to police you to make sure you get enough rest."

"Aw, I'm touched! You care!" I smirked.

"You're insufferable." Xiao deadpanned. "Honestly, how have you even survived this long?"

"It's a mystery, babe." I chuckled. "I certainly don't know."

"It's because I was here."  Sasha proclaimed, pointing her spoon at me. "I stopped them from doing so many dumb things, you have no idea."

"That's true." I pondered. "Sasha has taken exceptional care of me. She's basically my mother at this point. Anyway! There's definitely still a ghost in this house, and I am not staying here for a good week at least!"

"Aww, you're not scared, are you~" Kaeya said, sneaking up on me from behind. I jumped, startled and nearly dropped my coffee.

"Kaeya!" I whined, punching him lightly. "Don't do that!"

"Sorry." He smiled, though it was fairly obvious to see that he wasn't sorry.

"Liar." I chuckled teasingly. "Oh, also, how do you feel about taking a vacation, I guess, you could call it."

"A vacation?" Kaeya questioned, leaning back on the counter. "Depends where we're going, darling."

I opened my mouth to answer and then decided against it. "Eh, I'll tell you when everyone's up, sweetie. Still don't like repeating myself."