016; that was a step too far

third person.

once they arrived in la and hopped off the plane, walking through the airport to grab their luggage they eventually met with corbyn's girlfriend, who was quick to greet the boy with a hug and shake off the frown mollie had on her face from it.

as they arrived to harper's family home down near the coast after a twenty minute drive from the airport, everyone wondered off to the rooms they'd be staying in and who they'd be with, unpacking some of their belongings.

"okay let's not be so aggressive with the unpacking," nicole told mollie, walking off to the girl and taking her clothes out of her hands before she sat down on the bed and let out a huff, "don't tear apart your clothes in the first hour of being here."

"oh well." mollie mumbled, shrugging and folding her arms as nicole sighed, turning her head towards june before nodding over to the door, gesturing for the girl to give the two some space.

as june did as she was told, she closed the door behind her before nicole folded up mollie's clothes, waiting for her to begin her rambling about how she was feeling.

"why am i doing this to myself?" she asked nicole while shaking her head, "nic i swear if i even hear one of them moan in the slightest i am walking out and going to virginia."

"they won't sleep with each other with everyone else in the house," nicole replied, "just enjoy your time on our small vacation, you can be with me, jack and june."

"you're not getting it." mollie looked at her.

"i know this sucks for you and i wish i could do something to help with that but i can't, this is up to corbyn-"

"well you wouldn't know how this feels because you've got a perfectly fine relationship with your boyfriend." mollie interrupted her as nicole placed the girl's clothes onto the bed before turning to look at her.

"unnecessary comment."

"you don't know how this feels nic."

"jack and i still have our arguments-"

"but they're not about big things, at most it's about a tub of ice cream he stole." mollie argued, "you have petty arguments not serious ones."

"we do have big arguments we just know how to deal with them properly so they don't drag on for hours at a time," nicole told her, "don't you try tell me my relationship is perfect because jack and i know it isn't."

"now you're just saying stuff to try make me feel better," mollie said through a mumble as nicole sighed, "corbyn is much easier to talk to, he doesn't try give me shitty solutions to everything."

as mollie kept her gaze on the floor, nicole froze for a moment before she nodded once and grabbed her phone from the side table, taking a few subtle deep breaths as mollie looked up at her.

"what?" she asked.

"if you really think my solutions are shitty then stop telling me about all your problems," nicole suggested, walking over to the door and grabbing the handle.

"nic i didn't mean it like that."

"now you say that," she rolled her eyes, walking out of the room and making her way downstairs to where everyone else was.

"nicole," mollie called out, following the girl and bringing her to a stop in the hallway, "i never said your solutions are shitty."

"that's exactly what you said." she told her.

"i didn't mean it, i'm upset and i took it out on you without thinking," mollie explained, "i'm sorry."

"i'm trying so hard to be as helpful as i can." she replied, "and you're throwing it back in my face like it's nothing."

with the rest of the group watching them from down the hall, there was a sense of confusion around the room as they glanced to each other, finding it unusual to see the two closest people in the midst of an argument.

"i'm not throwing it back in your face, i do take the help you give." mollie argued as she furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head.

"then act like it." nicole said, throwing her hands up before she rolled her eyes, "make use of it instead of blocking it out."

"i wish you'd just listen to what i have to say." she said, a frustrated tone in her voice while nicole shook her head.

"for you to just gaslight me and say how i'm wrong?" nicole asked her, "if you're going to turn out like your mom i'm not going to be friends with you, i can't do that."

"nic," charlie called out from the end of the hallway, a half shocked look on all of their faces whilst mollie gave her a single nod and turned towards the front door.

"no, mollie that was said without any thought." nicole's palm went to her forehead, following her best friend out of the front door and down the driveway, "cmon i didn't mean that."

as she received no reply from the girl she was trying to catch up with, mollie eventually made it to the end of the driveway and took a right at a fast pace while nicole walked back into the house whilst shaking her head.

"i think that was a step too far." zach said.

"i didn't mean to say that," nicole frowned, tears appearing in her eyes, "it just- i said it without thinking."

"okay don't stress out just chill," jack told her, grabbing her arm and pulling her towards a more quiet area of the house whilst the others looked at one another.

"someone should go follow mollie," daniel suggested, "she's never been in la."

"i can go," harper said, "i was going to show her some of my favourite places anyway so that'll be a good-"

"no because she'll be angry." corbyn interrupted his girlfriend, "and she punches things when she's angry."

"oh." harper paused.

"maybe corbyn should go then," zach shrugged.

"alright, i'll go..?" corbyn glanced at them confused, grabbing his jacket from one of the chairs before he walked out of the front door in attempts to follow the girl who had stormed off.

a/n

nic & mollie 🤥

bless their hearts