041; i'm not your girlfriend

third person.

"why won't you tell me where you're taking me?"

"because i'm scared you won't know what it is," she replied through a mumble, glancing over at corbyn as a frown appeared on his face.

the sun was currently setting in virginia and the pair were in mollie's car, after spending most of the day inside they wanted a bit of fresh air before going back to the besson household just to fall asleep again.

corbyn had been asleep for most of the day, he was sat in the passenger seat of the car half awake with scruffy hair and a larger sweatshirt than he'd usually wear, with mollie sat beside him looking a little more presentable.

"i will know if it's to do with you." corbyn said, "a hint?"

"grass," she shrugged, "does that help?"

"nope.." he slowly shook his head, "uh, also i was talking to the guys a couple days ago.."

"mhm?"

"do they not know you're my girlfriend?" corbyn asked her, turning to see the confused yet half shocked look on her face as she pulled into the parking lot of their field.

"what?" she replied.

"well i said you dropped me off at the place and i asked them if they knew you and when i referred to you as my girlfriend they got confused," he explained, the car engine being turned off and mollie taking off her seatbelt before fully turning to face him.

"and then they asked if i can remember asking you out and i can't remember that," he continued.

"its because.. we aren't.. you never asked me out." she told him with a slight shrug, "i'm not your girlfriend.."

"but we kiss and we're sharing a bed so why.. i don't get it." he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"we're just, i don't know." mollie threw her hands up, "but we're not official or anything."

"oh, okay." he gave her a nod as they fell into a silence, watching mollie open the car door before he sighed, "do you want to be?"

"do i want to be your girlfriend?" she looked back at him, receiving another nod, "it would be nice, yeah. but you aren't-"

"okay well would you like to be my-"

"corbyn," the girl interrupted him, "what are you doing?"

"making it official." he said, "don't you want that?"

"i do but i'm just worried about you're whole recovery thing." mollie fiddled with the rings on her finger as corbyn shrugged, "and i don't want to tell people you asked me out while you were struggling with memory because no doubt people will have a say on that."

"i'm perfectly fine." the boy argued, "i may sleep a lot at the moment and my head hurts and i've forgotten a few things but i'm fine, you know that."

"let's just go to where i was taking you and we can talk there," mollie told him, getting out of the car as the boy did the same, watching her walk down a small path that led to the bottom of a hill.

"where are we?" corbyn asked as mollie immediately came to a stop, instantly turning around to look at him as she tilted her head.

"you know this spot..." she slowly nodded.

"i can't remember ever being here." corbyn said, a frown growing on mollie's face as she glanced to the floor and folding her arms, "mollie.."

"are you serious?" she asked, looking up at him to see a smile he was trying to hide and the laughter he was holding back, "wow."

"of course i know this spot." corbyn laughed as he walked over to the girl, putting his arm around her as she rolled her eyes and shrugged it off, "hey."

"last time you joke about forgetting something," mollie said as she pointed her finger at the boy, his response being nothing more than a tilt of his head and pushing her hand back down.

with another roll of her eyes, mollie turned back around and continued walking down the hill, leaving corbyn shaking his head and laughing slightly before he followed after her.

"leaving me to walk down a steep hill isn't the best idea if i have a cast on," corbyn spoke up, "just thought i'd let you know."

"okay."

"that was blunt." he mumbled, sitting down beside her as she turned herself away from him, "are you upset with me now?"

"i didn't find the joke funny," mollie shrugged and bought her legs up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them, "are you sure you actually know this spot?"

"i'm sure." corbyn nodded and smiled, "we came here on a saturday instead of a party and you fell, i caught you and then there was a rabbit but we-"

"corbyn that was the first time we came here."

"i know," he smiled slightly, "it's the first thing i remembered about being here though, we come here for stargazing all the time."

"not all the time." she shook her head, "last time we actually did that was september last year."

"i know more than you think i know." corbyn told her, "the only things i've forgotten is the actual crash, my mom lecturing me and two people in the group."

"people just keep saying there's going to be more things," mollie shrugged, sighing before she lied down on the grass and looked up at the sky, "that's all."

"i haven't forgotten how much i love you," he said, lying on his side with his good arm resting his head up, staring at the girl beside him with a small smile on his face, "and how much i love your laugh, and the little awkward smile you do when you're uncomfortable."

"stop." she replied, covering her face with her hands to hide the smile on her face, "i don't like compliments."

"but you don't hate them anymore?"

"i can tolerate them."

"much better." he gave her a nod, placing a small kiss on her forehead before sighing, "anyway back to our chat from the car - we act like a couple but we're not a couple."

"really you should focus on making sure you're better," mollie replied as she sat back up, her hands falling into her lap, "the relationship can wait."

"i am better." corbyn argued, "i might need a few more days for extra rest but i'm fine, let's just get to it now."

"you only broke up with harper like three weeks ago i don't want people to give you grief about that," she shrugged, "and the friend group i-"

"we won't tell anyone."

"then there isn't any reason for being official." mollie told him as he frowned slightly, "just wait until la and see what happens there."

"okay," corbyn gave her a soft smile, moving her hair behind her shoulders as he sighed once again, "that's only a few more days i'm fine with that."

"good," mollie said, a kiss being placed on corbyn's cheek before she stood up, "now let's go on a small walk and then head back to the car."

"alrighty."

a/n

have a pre written chapter from a couple days ago as a quick hello