046; you were a somebody

third person.

"you feeling okay?" mollie asked as she took a seat beside corbyn, handing him a glass of water and trying her best to talk over the music blasting through the house.

the group had been invited to a party a couple blocks away from where they were staying, and although they were all aware it probably wasn't the best idea for corbyn, the boy had insisted after his argument of never missing a party.

"are you feeling okay? your hands are shaking." he replied, grabbing ahold of one of mollie's hands as she shrugged.

"a little anxious." mollie mumbled, "but it's fine."

"do you want to leave?" corbyn asked her, shuffling closer to her and resting his head on her shoulder, "the music is making my head hurt anyway."

"if you want to go we can go," she said, placing her drink to one side as corbyn began to leave kisses along her neck, "i'll go find nic and tell her so she isn't looking for us."

"mhm," he mumbled and grabbed the girl's waist.

"that means you have to let me go corbyn," mollie smiled slightly, moving his hand off her as she stood up and wondered off to find her best friend.

as soon as mollie was out of his sight, his smile dropped again and he glanced around the room while sighing, taking a few sips of his drink.

and out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a girl walking towards him with a wine glass in her hand, tucking her hair behind her ear before smiling.

"corbyn, hey." the girl smiled, sitting down beside him as he looked at her confused, "it's lydia, the girl that visited you in the hospital."

"oh," he nodded, "right.."

"i thought you lived in virginia," she said.

"i do, me and my friends are just visiting la." corbyn told her as he shrugged.

"ohhh, me and my friends were just visiting virginia." she said through a laugh, "we live here though."

"virginia is a weird place to just visit it-"

"it was for someone's birthday." she shrugged, "i had been there a little longer than everyone else as you know and they all arrived on the thursday for it."

"corbyn," daniel said as he walked up to the both of them with everyone else by his side, "char is a little drunk so we're all thinking of just going because this party is dead."

"who had the birthday?" corbyn asked, ignoring daniel as he looked back at lydia.

"this guy called zach." lydia shrugged, watching corbyn nod before looking up at daniel, "do you guys know him? harper's boyfr-"

"we know him." daniel said, "very well."

"zach has a girlfriend?" charlie spoke up with a confused tone in her voice, her eyes furrowed slightly as she glanced between daniel and corbyn.

"i'm gonna go," corbyn told lydia, standing up as the group made their way towards the door.

"can one of you-"

"hey, are we leaving?" zach walked up to the group, interrupting charlie's sentence while she stared at him.

"wait there i need to find mollie, she was looking for nic." corbyn said, wondering off to find his girlfriend.

"you have a girlfriend," charlie said to zach, the boy a few steps ahead of everyone else as he turned to look at her.

"we aren't together charlie." he shrugged, "and you seem a little drunk anyway so i'm not arguing about this."

"why are people saying it's harper that-"

"because it is harper but we aren't dating." zach told her, "let's leave it at that."

"she's an absolute bitch." charlie said, raising her voice slightly as they all shot their heads towards her, "that's your best friends ex, out of everyone you could've ran to."

"i didn't run to her, she's just good at comforting people through things." zach shrugged, "which again, doesn't concern you."

"the only reason she's with you is because of your fame and money," charlie argued, stumbling down the few steps of the porch as corbyn and mollie joined the group, "if you didn't have that she-"

"yeah well at least she includes me in the group and makes me feel like a somebody."

"but if you didn't have half the shit you had now and you were a nobody would she still be there?" charlie asked him as he rolled his eyes.

"what happened while i was gone?" mollie whispered to corbyn, receiving a shrug from him before she nodded.

"let's just leave them to it," jonah sighed, guiding the group off the porch and down the driveway, ready to make the short walk back to the house they were staying in.

as the group turned the corner to walk home, mollie had decided to stay behind and lean against the wall to keep an eye on the pair arguing, a frown on her face.

"when i was nobody i was picked on every single day, nobody loved me or included me." zach told her as she raised her eyebrows.

"i did," charlie argued, speaking much louder than him as harper was now stood at the top of the porch watching the two of them.

"that's just-"

"before any of the money and any of the fame, when you were just a shy, awkward person i loved you." charlie explained, "to me you were a somebody."

zach stood in silence for a moment, fiddling with the rings on his finger as he glanced behind charlie and up to where harper was stood. charlie looked behind her shoulder at the girl before she sighed and turned back to face zach.

"if she's who you want then go for it." charlie nodded, "but all i ask is to keep her out of my life and to not shade me like she did with mollie."

"charlie," zach frowned, grabbing her hand as she walked past him, "i'm-"

"you're a joke, zach." she interrupted him and pulled her hand away from his, "i don't want to talk to you."

as his face slowly fell and he watched charlie walk over to where mollie was waiting for her, the girls locked hands before they made the journey back to the house and zach turned back to harper.

"come take your mind off that for the night." harper suggested, nodding her head back inside the house, "give her time to calm down and then talk to her about it."

"okay," he mumbled, walking back up the porch as the girl grabbed ahold of zach's hand.

"she shouldn't be yelling at you if she loved you," she told him and placed a kiss on his cheeks, "do you want some lemonade?"

"yeah.."

a/n

WELLLLLLL LYDIA & HARPER WHO KNEW

ummm alsooooo i feel like doing a feedback time again SOO :)

things u like: (pls give detail i love the little things)

things u dislike: (i have a feeling this will all be the same name)

things u wanna see: