088; can we babysit

third person.

"okay so.. nic and i have something to say." jack said as he nervously walked up to the group, adjusting his sweatshirt whilst nicole took a seat beside mollie.

"are you engaged?"

"worse," jack raised his eyebrows, the group turning to him confused as his eyes widened, "no- no i didn't mean that it was-"

"sit down, you're embarrassing yourself." nicole shook her head and smiled slightly, watching him quickly take a seat beside her as he looked to the ground.

"wait a moment," daniel said as he turned towards corbyn, the boy zoned out slouched in his seat, his arms folded while his eyes were fixed on his glass of water, "corbyn?"

"hm?" he sat up in his seat, resting his head on his hand before a small friend smile appeared on his face, "sorry."

"are you good?" jack asked.

"i just didn't sleep well last night." he shrugged.

"oh," daniel raised his eyebrows, "mollie keeping you busy last-"

"i didn't say anything about mollie," corbyn interrupted him while he glared at the boy, "can't i say i didn't sleep well because i literally didn't sleep well?"

"okay he's tense," zach mumbled while he stared at the ground.

"it's okay," mollie softly spoke to corbyn, grabbing ahold of his hand as he let out a sigh and leant back in his seat, the attention turning back to nicole and jack.

"uh," jack cleared his throat as he looked to nicole, "are you saying it or me?"

"you seem pretty eager to say it." nicole gave him a smile.

"okay," he nodded, "i am daddy."

as the group stared at the boy in confusion, his girlfriend sat to the left of him put her head in her hands and sighed, hearing the group of boys laugh while the girls all remained confused.

"i don't think that's what she wanted you to say." jonah mentioned.

"not the way i would approach that situation jack." mollie said, rubbing her boyfriends hand with her thumb while jack shrugged.

"i'm pregnant." nicole threw her arms up, "that's what he's trying to get at."

"oh my god." cara's eyes widened, "like actually?"

"shut up." charlie covered her mouth.

"that's why you have really bad mood swings, okay." zach nodded as he folded his arms.

"can we babysit?" olivia asked, "are we all allowed?"

"uh," nicole paused, glancing to mollie before she turned back to the rest of the group, "i think the only person i fully trust is mollie."

"what?" jonah raised his eyebrows while the rest of the group paused.

"me?" mollie pointed to herself confused.

"you're trusting the only one in the group who hates kids?" cara looked to nicole with her eyebrows furrowed, watching her nod without any hesitation.

"yeah she's good with her niece so," nicole shrugged.

"i am?" she smiled slightly, "really?"

nicole nodded as she went to speak, being interrupted by corbyn's phone beginning to ring as it sat face down on the table. while the group went silent and mollie looked towards it, corbyn was quick to let go of the girl's hand as he picked up his phone and stood up.

"who's calling?" mollie asked, the boy shrugging in response yet answering the call as he walked away from the group.

and as she watched him walk towards the outside porch of the restaurant, her face held little emotion while her hands fell into her laps, taking a short deep breath before she looked back at nicole.

"you can continue." mollie nodded.

the others remained quiet, watching mollie try brush off the thoughts she already had in her mind about the phone call while nicole stared at her with a frown.

"are you okay?" nicole asked, "you're looking a little pale."

"i'm fine." mollie forced a smile.

"uh, anyway," zach said, moving the attention away from mollie as he gestured to nicole, "you were talking about your pregnancy."

"yeah.." nicole sighed, looking back to the rest of the group as mollie turned her head back towards the door corbyn was stood by.

"well congratulations on your pregnancy nicole." charlie smiled, "i'm sure you'll be a great mom."

"i'll be the best dad ever." jack folded his arms, "nic, don't even worry."

"i am a little bit." she shrugged, "you seem a bit nervous."

"i'm great." he shook his head, "it's gonna be a boy and he's going to be just like me and we're going to be best friends, i've already decided."

"and if it's a girl?" olivia asked him.

"it simply won't be."

"it could be jack." jonah said.

"well it won't." he frowned, "stop saying that, you're like... manifesting it."

"he's not ready for a kid." cara laughed and shook her head.

"it's gonna be a boy and i want to name him declan." jack stated as he huffed, "and he's going to like me way more than nicole."

"watch the baby be a girl." charlie smiled as the rest of the group nodded and laughed.

"stop attracting it into the universe." jack rolled his eyes, "i know all about this manifestation shit and it's scares me."

"i'm going to manifest an engagement ring." nicole said as she closed her eyes with jack instantly turning towards her, "i'm visualising that in my head."

"nic stop," jack shook his head, "nicole open your eyes right now."

"i'm going to manifest a new car from jack," zach said, closing his eyes too.

"zach no i-"

"i kind of want a thousand dollars." jonah nodded.

"my phone screen cracked yesterday, jack could fix that if i manifested-"

"oh my god." jack mumbled as he placed his head on the table, "nicole i'm going to breakdown right now."

"oh my poor little boy." nicole smiled, rubbing the boy's back while she shook her head, "you're such a big baby."

"who's a big baby?" corbyn asked as he sat back down, his arm wrapping around mollie as the group looked over at him, "what?"

"nothing." daniel shrugged and shook his head.

"then stop staring." corbyn told them all, sliding his phone into his pocket before leaning back in his seat once again.

"as i said, it's going to be a boy." jack smiled.

"are you trying to manifest that?" nicole asked him.

"yep." he proudly said, taking a sip of his drink, "it's gonna work."

"oh dear." daniel shook his head, "he's hopeless."

a/n

lol 👀👀