025; we can't hold her back

third person.

at another party yet a different location, the friend group all arrived at around the same time that evening and june was the only person to not go with that night, after an emergency happening with her family.

nicole was on alert for most of the night, paranoid that the boy she told to stay home would be round any corner with the girl she didn't want to see, and that meant she could barely enjoy her night.

"nic," jack frowned, wrapping his arms around her from behind before he placed a few kisses along her neck, "let's just go upstairs."

"but corbyn might turn up," she replied.

"that's his fault not yours, it's been a few hours anyway i doubt he'll turn up now," the boy said, his hand slowly making its way up her shirt, "gorgeous please."

"okay, okay." nicole sighed, glancing around one last time before shaking her head and grabbing jack's hand, leading him towards the stairs of the house.

"the group is so fucked." daniel folded his arms, "charlie didn't even turn up tonight, mollie is being hit on by so many guys and my girlfriend isn't even in the state right now."

"yeah, it seems like this is harper's fault." jonah frowned, his arm around olivia who had been nodding with the two of them, "i haven't seen zach tonight though."

"he's over there with corbyn," daniel said, gesturing towards the two, "wait.. wait wasn't he supposed to not be at this party?"

"if he's here, harper's definitely here." olivia added on, "he never listens."

"harper is by mollie.." jonah mumbled, "okay well just look away and pretend we didn't see any fight happening."

"no we should really prevent it," daniel suggested, "let's just slowly walk over."

"we can't hold her back, mollie's already pissed off." jonah shook his head, "just leave her to it and let corbyn handle it, it's his fault."

"mollie is capable of hospitalising her." olivia shrugged.

"just ignore it." jonah told them both, "we can't do anything."

as the two nodded in response to jonah, they took once last glance at the two girls by the drinks before signing and turning away from them for the rest of the evening, hoping harper wouldn't trigger anything inside of mollie to make her pounce.

"i actually saw your comment on your most recent post," harper mentioned whilst pouring herself a drink, "you said you don't know a harper?"

"we had some tension, i no longer like you therefore i don't know you." mollie shrugged, "and i also don't like that i'm being shaded all the time..?"

"who is shading you?" she asked.

"well i keep seeing these subtweets about corbyn's ex," mollie explained, "i don't like being shaded."

"oh well they're only lyrics and stuff i.." harper's sentence came to a quick stop before she looked up at mollie, watching her smile slightly before taking a sip of her drink and looking around, "you're his ex..?"

"i am."

"how come he hasn't told me?" harper frowned, "is that why you're both so close?"

"i guess so." mollie nodded.

"you're not his type," she slowly said, "i see what you're doing, you're trying to be the home wrecker you are and ruin my relationship."

"i'm not a home wrecker." the girl said through a small laugh, "i'm the one who stopped him from cheating on you."