096; seasonal depression

third person.

corbyn had come back to his apartment late that evening after spending a whole day in the studio and in interviews, as he walked into the place with jonah and daniel following behind him, the three planned to have a small writing session before finishing their work for the night.

"it's quiet in here," jonah mentioned.

"she probably has her airpods in, but i'll go let her know i'm here," corbyn shrugged, placing his phone down and walking over to their bedroom.

and as he took two steps into the room already turning around to walk back out, a smile was on his face that only faded as he spoke, "jonah and daniel are here for an hour or so we're just going to..."

"okay," mollie mumbled, facing away from the door to the bedroom and underneath the bed covers, the room in complete darkness as a look of concern appeared on the boy's face.

"..are you okay?" corbyn asked, receiving a nod in response, "are you sure?"

"i'm fine." she said in a quiet voice, no effort in how she spoke.

he frowned as he glanced to his two best friends, closing the bedroom door and leaving just the smallest gap open while he walked over to her side of the bed, "have you eaten?"

"not today," she shook her head, feeling the bed dip slightly as corbyn sat on the edge of it, his hand running through her hair while her eyes remained closed.

"do you want to eat?"

"no."

"okay," he mumbled and turned his head to the floor, "...did you shower today?"

"i don't feel like doing that." mollie told him.

"not even standing under the water and i'll wash your hair?" corbyn suggested, watching her shake her head once more.

as they sat in silence for a few seconds while corbyn stared at the floor wondering what to do or say, he eventually slowly nodded and placed a kiss on the girl's forehead, "is it just one of those days..?"

"mhm."

"okay," he softly said, "have you been sleeping all day?"

"no i just haven't left the bed."

"oh." he frowned, "okay.. well i'll just tell daniel and jonah to go home and we can cuddle or something."

"i'd rather be left alone," she mentioned as corbyn's face fell more and more, "if that's okay?"

"...yeah." he slowly nodded, "yeah that's fine, if you need me just call my name, i'm only gonna be in the living room with the guys."

replying with a nod, corbyn let out a sigh as he scratched the back of his head, watching the girl for a few more seconds before he slowly left their bedroom and closed the door behind him.

and as his arms fell to his side and a frown was still on his face, daniel and jonah went quiet as they looked at him.

"what's the frown for?" daniel asked.

"she's not feeling good." he mumbled, adjusting his hoodie before he sat down with daniel and jonah.

"do you want us to go?" jonah looked at him, "you look concerned."

"no she wants to be left alone anyway," corbyn cleared his throat as he grabbed his laptop, looking to his two friends before shrugging slightly.

"if you're more worried about her and can't focus then let's not worry about writing," daniel said as he closed his notebook.

"well i just.. i don't know why she's suddenly.." he paused for a few seconds while frowning, "it's one of those bad days but she hasn't had one of those since she got back from florida."

with daniel and jonah watching the concerned boy sat beside them, they glanced to one another with a frown before daniel sighed, shrugging and turning back to corbyn.

"it could just be like.. seasonal depression," daniel suggested, "it is getting colder so.."

"or just a bad day." jonah said, "people who are like healing still have those days, it's normal."

"i think she just needs something to do here," corbyn replied, "i need to help her get her business going again but in la."

"i thought she didn't want to bother because la already has a lot?" daniel tilted his head.

"yeah but mollie's way better than all of those people," jonah said through a small laugh, "let's just suggest her business relocating and help her get that sorted, maybe that'll help her mood."

"i think i'll stay home tomorrow and not go to the studio," corbyn looked at the two of them, "just to spend time with her and make sure she's all good."

"okay," jonah nodded.

"yeah, that's cool." daniel said, "i need to book a flight to new york to see cara so i don't think i'll be in the studio next week."

"we just released an album, let's stop worrying about the studio and just relax for a bit." jonah told them both, "that way you can go to new york and you can make sure mollie is doing fine, don't stress about the studio."

"okay, jeez." daniel raised his eyebrows as he turned back to his laptop screen.

corbyn nodded as he sighed, glancing down to his laptop before he stood up and walked back over to his and his girlfriends bedroom, cautiously opening the door as he took a step inside of the room.

"are you sure you don't want anything?" he softly spoke whilst nervously biting his lip, "i can make you a coffee or a tea or a glass of water..?"

"i'm fine," she replied with another mumble, hearing corbyn let out another small sigh before he walked back over to her side of the bed, standing a few feet away from where she was laying.

"i'm gonna send the guys home and-"

"no, please don't do that." she frowned.

"i'll send them home and i'll come sit in here with you," corbyn told her, "is that cool? i won't speak, i don't even have to be in bed i can sit on the floor it's okay."

"okay." she subtly shrugged.

"okay." he nodded, giving her a small smile before he walked through to the main area of their apartment to send his two best friends home for the night.

a/n

so..?