037; do you know my name

third person.

mollie slowly walked into corbyn's hospital room a little past nine am the next day with dark circles under her eyes and in the boys hoodie and her own sweats, her gaze immediately moving to the girl sat beside the hospital bed in the middle of a conversation with corbyn.

and with every sentence he said, the girl would laugh and place her hand onto corbyn's, grabbing her phone and glancing towards the door before her laughter died down, noticing mollie in the doorway.

although corbyn didn't have the slightest bit of interest in the girl beside him, he felt too tired to attempt to move her hand off of his as he turned his head to the door.

"being interrupted so soon," she spoke up, giving corbyn a smile before standing up and grabbing her coffee.

as corbyn nodded, the girl quickly said a goodbye to him before she looked mollie up and down, rolling her eyes and walking out of the room with mollie glaring at her as she did so.

"who's that?" mollie asked, looking at corbyn and gesturing to the girl behind her.

"not sure," corbyn shrugged, "she just walked in, i thought she was a nurse."

"right," she mumbled, walking over to the boy and placing her phone and car keys to one side, "how are you feeling?"

"i could be better." he softly said, his head falling back on his not so comfortable pillow to look up at the girl as mollie turned to face him, running her fingers through his hair.

"i bought you some food if you want it." mollie said, a small smile on her face as she nodded towards the dunkin bag, "it's only a cookie and a donut, i wasn't sure of how much you'd eat right now."

"no i'm not very hungry," the boy shrugged, "but you can have them if you want."

"no i'm-"

"have you eaten today?"

"well... no not yet." she frowned slightly, glancing around the room before sighing, "but i'll just have a fruit salad or something when i get home."

"are you just saying that so i don't worry?" corbyn asked her, watching her hesitate a little before she subtly nodded and heard him laugh slightly, "you're annoying, eat the cookie."

"i don't want the cookie."

"have the-"

"shush i'm here to make sure you're okay, i didn't turn up to be lectured." mollie interrupted him, sitting down beside the bed before crossing her arms over her lap, "do you need anything?"

"i need to sleep," he said, his eyes already closed as he reached out for mollie's hand, grabbing ahold of it before he went quiet.

"is your concussion still bad?" she asked, receiving nothing more than a nod from the boy as she let out a sigh and looked down at their hands, gently rubbing her thumb in circular motions, "i'm glad you're okay."

"why wouldn't i be? i'm great at getting out of bad situations." corbyn smiled with a shrug, keeping his eyes shut.

"because you hit the tree pretty bad." she told him, "and i couldn't see you anywhere so i thought you had died."

"i'm sorry," he mumbled, "i'm not sure how i even crashed."

"you were on your phone."

"oh that's why i don't have it." corbyn opened his eyes and he looked up, glancing around the room before mollie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"daniel told you that a couple days ago." mollie said, "did you forget?"

"he didn't tell me that."

"your mom lectured you about it." she nodded, "you know that's why."

"i don't remember that." he shook his head and shrugged.

"do you remember why you were driving?"

"no," he shook his head once again.

"okay... what about the week before that?" she asked him and tilted her head, "do you know anything you did that week?"

"uhhh," he paused, "...no?"

"nothing..? sunday evening?"

"no i don't- i don't know." corbyn said, watching the girl glanced towards the floor while nodding, "but i know who you are, surely that's a good thing."

"do you know my name?" mollie looked back up at him, a blank stare at the girl before a confused look appeared on his face and he hesitated to speak.

"mollie," he slowly nodded as she let out a sigh of relief, "we've been best friends since senior year."

"we what..?"

"and then nicole, she's my ex." he continued, noticing the sudden look of disbelief on mollie's face while she repetitively shook her head, "you date uh, jonah.."

"no i don't," she replied, "where did you get that from i don't.. no corbyn i-"

"oh my god relax," corbyn interrupted her as he laughed slightly, "i made that part up, i know who is who."

"that was not funny." she rolled her eyes, "so you don't know my name?"

"i know your name doof, i know we dated." he nodded, "i could never forget you."

"then don't joke about it because i got worried," she said through a small yet nervous laugh, "you seem perfectly fine to me, you're just being your annoying self."

"you're so mean to me," corbyn mumbled, closing his eyes one again as mollie shook her head with a smile on her face.

as they sat in silence for a few minutes, mollie soon grabbed the boy's hand again and continued to gently rub her thumb in circular motions before she placed a small kiss on his hand.

"max's daughter isn't actually that bad," mollie spoke up, "she does this weird stare but other than that she seems okay, quieter than i thought she'd be."

"but i still hate kids, they're gross little creatures." she huffed, waiting for corbyn's response to what she said with the girl looking up at him.

and as she glanced over to the boy, it was more than obvious that he had suddenly become too tired in the little time that they socialised and drifted off to sleep, his injuries had got the best of him already for the day which left him to sleep and recharge.

with mollie now unsure of whether to stay with him or leave, she pulled his thin bed sheet over him and left his food from dunkin to one side of his bed, and after a kiss on his forehead and one on his cheek she sat herself back down and grabbed her phone, prepared to stay with the sleeping boy just a few more hours for the purpose of being in his company.

a/n

i would like to hear ur thoughts pls <3