017; she's in love with you

third person.

eventually corbyn had managed to catch up with the girl who had wondered off down the street and they soon found themselves on the beach just a few minutes walk from the house.

mollie was already sitting on the sand with her legs crossed, using her fingers to make small doodles in the sand as corbyn took his time to slowly walk over to her, ensuring that she had had a little time to herself before he disrupted it.

and as he approached where she placed herself, the boy sat down beside her in the same position she was in, hearing her sigh as he did so.

"i would've be fine if i was left alone," mollie spoke up as corbyn slowly nodded.

"daniel just got worried," he shrugged, "what ya feeling?"

"why don't you go and worry about-"

"my girlfriend?" he finished her sentence as she looked towards him, a frown on her face while she nodded, "just talk to me because i know you won't tell anyone else."

"that's a very broad statement, what do you want me to talk to you about exactly?" she asked him.

"nicole and you, your small argument." corbyn told her, "you're upset by what she said."

"of course i'm upset," mollie said, "mom is the last person i'd want to be compared to."

"she didn't mean it, you know that was more than obvious." corbyn defended nicole as mollie nodded.

"i know she didn't, i'm just stressing her out and she snapped." she explained before sighing and shrugging, "i kind of started it by something i said though."

"as always." he mumbled jokingly, watching her roll her eyes before standing up and heading back towards the house, "hey, hey you know i'm-"

"i know you're joking."

"then why are you walking away?"

"because there's cameramen." mollie turned back to him, gesturing towards the other end of the beach where a cameraman had been stood for a couple minutes now.

corbyn quickly nodded as he soon stood up and followed in her footsteps towards harper's house, glancing back at the camera behind his shoulder before he sighed.

"uh, so i was doing some thinking about the talk we had the other night in my car," corbyn said, mollie's face losing a hint of colour as she nodded along with it, "and i'm not fully sure of it yet but-"

"then don't tell me." mollie interrupted him, "i don't want to hear something and then have you change your mind. it can't take you that long to decide."

"i can't think about that during our vacation anyway, if i made up my mind and it hurt harper, it would be rude of me when she's invited us here." he explained.

"it's weird that you let her shade me on twitter." she mentioned, "and it's weird you haven't told her to stop because there was another one a few hours ago."

"she doesn't know you're my ex," he said, "and i can't bring the shading up because she'd ask why i'm defending my ex."

"i'm not going to sit around and wait for a relationship to end," mollie sighed, "you and harper seem great and happy so why don't you-"

"i hate when you assume things." corbyn shook his head, "if you heard half of the things i've told nic then maybe you'd know a bit about my relationship."

"i don't want to hear about it," mollie admitted, "i don't want to know how the sex is or how the date nights are or-"

"we don't do that," he said through a mumble as he scratched the back of his neck, "i uh, we just haven't had a chance to.. you know."

"i don't believe that." she smiled as corbyn rolled his eyes playfully, "there's no way you and her haven't-"

"hey," harper interrupted the pair's conversation as they both snapped their heads towards her, "are you okay mollie?"

"uh yeah i'm fine." she nodded before looking back at the boy stood beside her , "i was just talking to corbyn about nic and i."

"she's out the back if you want to go speak to her," harper suggested, gesturing towards the back of the house as mollie gave her another nod and smile before she made her way over there.

as harper watched her exit the room, her smile turned into a frown before she looked over at corbyn.

"what?" corbyn asked, "are you alright?"

"she looks at you like she's in love with you," she folded her arms, crossing one ankle other the over and glancing around their surroundings.

"harper she-"

"she told me you guys were just friends."

"we are just friends." he reassured her, "plus she has june, why would she be with june if she loved me?"

"yeah, i guess." harper sighed, placing a small kiss on corbyn's cheek before walking off to the rest of the group.

once corbyn saw his girlfriend had found her way into another conversation and was distracted by what they were speaking about, he ventured out to the back where nicole, jack and mollie were sat before taking a seat with them.

"are they alright now?" corbyn asked jack, who replied with a nod.

"their arguments never last long." jack replied, "they just both had built up frustration."

"i just think it's going to be so awkward tomorrow at the beach with her and harper," corbyn said, "and june, i don't want them to be on bad terms."

"they won't be on bad terms." jack said, "unless harper pisses mollie off then maybe there will be a fight."

"don't jinx that." corbyn laughed as he shook his head.

a/n

next chapter might just break ur heart a little bit.. 🤥

i'm sorry in advance, any guess though ? 😏 it's not about collie