069; you should move sooner

third person.

mollie had walked into her and nicole's apartment a little past six in the evening after spending the past week or so with her brother. nicole was sat on the couch watching tv as she immediately glanced to the door.

mollie and her had made quick eye contact before the girl rolled her eyes and threw her bag onto the floor, opening the fridge and grabbing a can of red ball while the tv was paused.

and as she closed the fridge whilst opening the can, she picked her bag back up before turning around, noticing nicole now stood in between the couch and their kitchen while fiddling with her ring.

they stood in silence, standing a few feet away from each other as mollie took another few sips of her drink before she slowly nodded and sighed.

"i know you're upset but-"

"i'm not upset." mollie shook her head.

"yes you are." nicole looked up at her, "that's why you haven't been here or answered any of my texts."

"i haven't been in the mood to talk to-"

"if you said you're happy for me why am i being ignored?" nicole asked her, "i don't want to live in this shitty state all my life, i'm sorry we have different goals."

"i want to stay here because this is all i have nicole." mollie argued, "i have nana, max, i know this place, i know the people, it's too much for me to move so quickly."

"i want to move on with my life instead of being stuck here," nicole shrugged, "if i don't do it now i'll never do it. we're just on different paths mollie you need to accept that."

"we're not on different paths, you just have a goal in life and i don't." she told her.

"then create a goal!" nicole suggested, "find some reason to change things up, you're not even bothering to help yourself."

"i don't want to help myself, i like where i am."

"you enjoy being sad all the time?"

"yes!" mollie rolled her eyes, "i have comfort in that, i'm scared to get help and be better because i don't know who i'd be if i wasn't like this."

"mollie no one enjoys being sad." nicole told her, "i don't know if you're trying to make me feel bad so i stay but i'm set on moving with jack."

"i don't care if you move in with jack," mollie shrugged, "do it, i don't care. i don't need you to be around."

"now you're just saying things for the sake of saying them." nicole told her, "you don't mean that."

"you want to move so bad, what day are you even moving?" mollie asked her, "a couple weeks time? what exact?"

"august 12th." nicole replied.

"oh, my birthday, just great." mollie smiled slightly, "first it's my grandpa dying now it's you moving across the country."

"i didn't choose the date." she rolled her eyes, "i can still see you before i go."

"but you know i don't want to live on my own why are you-"

"there's plenty of other people who'd be up for it not just me." nicole said as she shook her head, "i'm not the only person you should rely on, and i don't want to be the person you rely on for everything."

"then why did you want to live with me?"

"living with you doesn't mean i'm your fucking mom." nicole argued.

"i didn't say that." mollie shook her head, "when you first suggested it to me you said you'd help me with whatever i struggled with and you'd be there for me to rely on, suddenly you're not?"

"no," nicole replied, "we both have our own jobs and lives we can't be there for each other like we could when we were twelve, we grew up mollie."

"but i'm still here for you the second you need me." mollie frowned with a few tears beginning to appear in her eyes, "i'd drop everything for you and you can't.. you wouldn't do the same?"

"i didn't mean that, i can't always be a hand to hold or a shoulder to cry on i-"

"why not? i'll always be that for you."

"because we-"

"you're just making up-"

"not everyone wants to be around you all the time!" nicole admitted with a frustrated tone in her voice, mollie paused as she went quiet, "let me try this adult thing on my own, let me do something without you holding me back."

"...is that why you're moving?" mollie asked now with a soft whisper as she spoke, folding her arms as nicole slowly shook her head.

"no, no don't think that." nicole said, "i just meant that sometimes it can be draining and not everyone likes-"

"yeah maybe all my overthinking was right." mollie nodded and smiled slightly before she grabbed her car keys.

"it's not why i'm moving."

"it seems like that." the girl argued, "nic you're all i have, you're the only person who knows everything since i was four, i can't trust anyone as much as i trust you."

"i know." she nodded.

"do you know how much it fucking hurts to be told i'm draining?" mollie asked her, "if i could get rid of all this fucking trauma i would, you didn't get that growing up."

"stop trying to make me look perfect." nicole rolled her eyes, "my family looked after you a lot, okay?"

"maybe you should move sooner." mollie suggested, "maybe that's best for us."

"what?"

"well you already said we're on different paths, we're only going to grow apart more," mollie told her as she shrugged, "go do your adult thing and achieve everything, i'm sure la has that for you."

"mollie," nicole frowned as tears appeared in her eyes, "i'm still your best friend even if i'm across the country."

"yeah well after everything you just said i'm starting to doubt that." mollie nodded before she sighed and threw her can into the trash, eventually leaving the apartment not even fifteen minutes after being back.

a/n

double update lol

...thoughts? 😔😔