031; bought home the jackpot

third person.

after spending the majority of mother's day with saskia, corbyn eventually left after their big meal as a family for his date with mollie, hoping she'd be in a good mood despite being alone for the entirety of the day.

and as he pulled up outside the complex and sent the girl a text to let her know he was there, it was only a few minutes later mollie came out of the building with a smile on her face as she walked up to the car, wasting no time to get into it.

"you're very smiley today," corbyn mentioned as she nodded.

"i'm excited." she shrugged and put on her seatbelt.

"i'm getting first date nervous vibes again," corbyn said through a small laugh, wiping the slight sweat on the palm of his hands onto his jeans, "except i didn't have someone interrogate me at the door."

"oh my god," mollie mumbled as she looked at him, "the fair was our first date."

"was it?" he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as mollie nodded, pulling up the first photo she had of the boy at the fair, "oh wow."

"that's crazy." she said as corbyn pulled away from the complex, "wow."

after the small drive to the fair just downtown from where they lived, the two arrived and got out of the car, walking side by side through the entrance and glancing around at all the fun things that were available to do.

"everyone is here with their moms this is stupid i-"

"let's get some cotton candy." corbyn suggested, a way to distract her from the other families around them as he grabbed her hand and pulled her over to the cotton candy stand, "do you want some?"

"we can share some," mollie shrugged.

the boy nodded, turning to the stand and paying for a bag of cotton candy before he handed it over to the girl stood behind him, who was too busy looking around at all the mother-daughter relationships to pay attention to corbyn.

"come on," he mumbled, intertwining his hand with hers as they walked through the fairground, "let's just enjoy our date night, don't worry about them."

"okay," she replied with a nod, being pulled over to a claw machine and watching corbyn look at the variety of prizes to be won, "don't you even-"

"do you want the duck?" he looked at her, grabbing his wallet as mollie shook her head, "the cat?"

"you just bought us cotton candy i don't-"

"it's a date let me treat my date," corbyn told her, a smile on his face as she rolled her eyes, "i'll get you the duck, or at least try to."

"okay, fine." she said, closely watching him try his hardest to win the duck out of the machine, only to continue to fail no matter how hard he tried or how much money he spent.

one he gave up with the duck, he decided to aim for the cat, still failing on the last second of grabbing ahold of it. he sighed, turning to mollie with an upset expression on his face as she tilted her head.

"it's rigged." he shrugged, "i so could've won, it's the games fault."

"is it really?"

"yes it is." corbyn nodded, "so rigged."

"i appreciate you trying," mollie gave him a smile, hugging the arm closest to her as they continued their walk throughout the fair.

as they continued on with their night, going on the large variety of rides, going in the photo booth and receiving another set of images and corbyn trying his best to win different stuffed animals from the claw machines dotted around the fairground, they finished their evening on the ferris wheel.