Chapter 33

Hades' POV

Anger.

Fury.

Rage.

She left me.
Without so much as a fucking note.

I can feel myself losing it. The fire inside of me demands an outlet; I'm burning alive.
The past few days are playing in my head. My own memories taunting me, tormenting me with what I lost.

Lost.
I did not lose her. She fucking ran.
While I was in the shower. She even left her suitcase behind.

She ran. Ran away from me.

Run along, Helena.

I enjoy a good hunt.

I must not have made myself clear enough on who she belongs to.
I shall make sure she understands.

The ticking is back.

Is it not enough that I must burn slowly to my destruction? Now I must endure the annoying ticking in my head?
When pressure builds, it needs an escape.
The pressure in my head needs an escape.

Helena was my escape. She was my release, my outlet.
But I always knew she would be my destruction.

She left me.

Why does she think she can leave me?

I know she is overwhelmed. Yesterday, when I pulled away her mask, pain was evident all over her face.
I thought she was broken, a scared girl hiding behind a mask of confidence.

I thought tearing down her mask would expose her. Force her to face her true self. Give me the chance to see exactly who she is, like I did Girl.

I see it now. The mask was not protecting her, it was protecting the world from the beast inside her.
By breaking her, they created a monster.

I have never seen anything more spectacular.

Helena is a masterpiece.

My masterpiece.

My wild, fiery enchantress.
Mine.

Mine to break, mine to tame, mine to fucking destroy.

And I will fucking destroy her.

My heavy breaths sound throughout the silent suite as my brain starts sizzling.

Her scent is all around me. When I close my eyes I can see her smiling back at me. I can see her looking up at me as I claim her, calling out to me like a siren luring a sailor to their death.

I remember her wild eyes as she took control of me last night.
And I let her.

But the moment she seized my entire being was when she submitted to me last night.

I did not have to break her, she gave willingly.

That is when I knew. She broke me too.

I need her. I need her back in my arms. I need her pressed flush against me. I need her defiant submission and her blazing heat, I need all of her.

She ignited my soul in a way I did not know was possible and I need more. I need that inferno.
Without her the flicker of my flame feels so weak.

I have felt the power of a forest fire.
Of a volcanic eruption.
I will never be satisfied with being a fucking bonfire.
It feels like a candle flame.

Helena.

Helena.

Helena.

HELENA