Chapter 51

Andy is in emergency surgery.

One of the bullets made it between the plates of her vest and we did not notice until we had fixed up her leg. Well, Hades had fixed up her leg. I was just passing him things and wrapping up her shoulder.
He was surprisingly good given the situation. His movements were precise and fluid and fast. It was as if he had disassociated from his emotions and was in an operating theatre operating on a stranger. Surprising, considering he never had a residency. He was also the one who noticed the abdominal wound.
The doctors have warned us that she has lost a lot of blood which is never a good thing.

By some miracle, she is the only one who was gravely injured.

Mr. Leos stayed behind to handle things with Demi and Nic. Seph is in the waiting bay with Mrs. Leos, while I am here in this hospital room looking over Hades' sleeping body.

With Andy losing so much blood, she needed a tranfusion. In typical Leos fashion, she has an extremely rare blood type, Rh-null. Fortunately, so does Hades.

He threatened the doctors to take as much as possible, leaving him unconscious and in desperate need of fluids. Just a few minutes ago, they took another unit from him while he was unconscious.
In any other situation they would not have taken so much as it also puts him at risk but the Leos name carries a lot of weight and Hades was not going to let Andy die.
He is sickly pale and all I can do is pray for him to get better.
For both of them.

Fuck my life.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

The attack was three days ago, yet somehow, here Andy is calling a meeting to discuss it.

She is not at her strongest. She woke up last night and demanded to be released this morning. Not only does she need physical therapy for her arm, but her womb is severely scarred. She might be able to have a baby, but it is very unlikely.

Why does this always happen when I'm around? How do I always survive unscathed?
But am I really unscathed if everyone around me keeps getting hurt.

She was shot saving me.

I don't even know why she invited me to this meeting, but here I am with the Leos and Seph.

As I am flipping through the files provided, I recognise one of the assailants.

"Susanna." They all look at me.

"Page 28, the first man is one of Susanna's closest men, Ricardo. Rumoured lover. His family has a lot of authority in Sicily." He is not well known because he was not involved in her attempt to take back the mafia from Antonio.

"Susanna is still in lockup. We checked." Mr. Leos informs me.

"She did say she still had a friend." Hades points out. Dammit. How could I miss this?

"How would she know how to bypass our security?"
Everyone looks at me.

"I don't know how to bypass your security. Savat handles that."

"Who is this Savat?" Mrs. Leos asks,

"It wasn't him."

"How could you be so sure?"

"Because if Savat wanted us dead he could do it with just a few swipes on his keyboard. He would not bother with the Italians."
There is no way they can blame him for this.

"This attack was also specified to the main house. None of the other properties on the island were targeted." Seph continues with her presentation.

I keep flipping through pictures of the assailants and pause at one of them. A blonde woman who looks vaguely familiar. But where do I recognise her from?