Chapter 7

Pain is something I have grown to accept. It is a part of my soul. Honestly speaking, I do not remember a time when pain wasn't a part of my life. I was born into it.
One would think I would be used to it by now, but that isn't how it works. It just keeps coming.

How could he? Men are rabid beasts that need to be put down. That son of a bitch will pay.

"If it ain't Mrs. Wannabe? Back where she belongs."
Death.

"What would a cleaner be doing as queen anyway?"
Death.

"Did you think you'd ever be anything but a disposable toy?"
Death.

"How about we get a taste?"
Death.

"Pussy must be real good if boss thought of marrying trash like her." Another one of the men laughed

Kill them all.

I tightened my hold on the blade I was going to use to end my own life. I knew where this was going the minute they entered my room. Standard group of three.

"Have you ever questioned your sanity?" I find myself asking them. They all just look at me like I am crazy.
Maybe I have gone mad.

"You forget, I'm the same woman that killed them all. Michael, Mario, Dominic, Rufus, Angelo, Adam, William." I list their names with a small smile.

"The only difference is now I have nothing to lose." The chill in my voice scares even me.
The soldiers end up leaving and I am once again alone with my thoughts.

Trapped. Like a caged beast forced into captivity. Picked and prodded at while spectators witness my shame. Does he think I'll sit quietly? Doesn't he know caged beasts are the most dangerous.

No. I won't end my life. Not yet. Not until I taste their blood. Too many of us have suffered for me to end it here. They will weep. I will hear their screams before I take them apart. Dismembering limb from limb.

"I can't let that happen. I can't risk you hurting her. You will stay here where I can keep an eye on you. You have your old job back."

Then he dismissed me, he tossed me aside. What happened to your word is your oath? He broke his oath to me. He played a dirty game. But I can play dirtier. Who the fuck does he think he is?

Looks like I'll have to teach the arrogant fucker a lesson; You do not mess with the Queen.

Pamela came by, then Caroline. Next Isabella, then Rachel. No one said anything. Not even Caroline. There was nothing to say. It was already done, he had made his choice. I was already back in the servant's quarters.

¤

"Liza, honey, it's been a while." I smile at the willowy woman in front of me,

"Mrs. Onneli, not long enough"
I take my work schedule and pale when I see my new workload.

She looks up at me sadly and I immediately know someone made her do this. Probably Malorie. I grit my teeth before leaving her office. That bitch wants to kick me while I'm down? Fine. Noted.

I get busy with cleaning the toilets all alone. There is absolutely no need for me to be doing this alone. It's too much work for one person.

Yes, there are that many toilets here.

By the time I'm done, I'm too exhausted for anything but sleep.
And this goes on for a week! I don't even get a day off!

The only good thing is that doing such menial tasks gives me time to think.

I have decided I will get out of here. One way or the other. Then I find the Greek. The only time Luciano was ever scared was when I brought them up. They're my best bet against him.

The only problem is I can't leave yet. The soldiers are back to old behaviour and I need to send them a clear message. Or kill them all. Still trying to decide. Either way, I can't just leave the other girls here. Not when things are like this.

Fucking hell!! Can't anything go my way?

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here." Malorie's voice was annoying my soul.
"Back where you belong, I see." The smug smirk on her face made me want to pull her teeth out. Her friend beside her was also smirking at me.

"I told you he'd chew you up and spit you out." Fuck it. The days of being invisible are long gone.
"Didn't he do the same to you?" The cockiness leaves her face to be replaced with anger.

"She's just another imposer. He always comes back to me." She tries to save face which causes me to laugh.

"I wouldn't brag about that. I mean, how low does your self-worth have to be to keep fucking the guy who constantly tosses you aside for new pussy?" She charges at me but I hit her with a toilet brush. Not hard, of course. Just enough to humiliate her.

"Wow, I guess you really are a shit-face now." I smirk. Run along now, bitch. As expected, she sprints out, impressively fast for a girl in heels, with a grimace on her face.

That felt good.

¤

"You have that look on your face." Pam walks in my room carrying a plate of bread and stew that smells divine. My stomach rumbles, reminding me that I skipped lunch today.

"What look?"

"That, I have a plan to fuck everybody up look."

"Are you sure it's not my, I'm tired and hungry look?" I ask digging in.
"Cut the bullshit. What's the plan?" I love this girl.

Before I can respond, I hear it. No, no, no, no, no. Not this. Not again. Shit!

The alarm is blaring which can only mean one thing. We're under attack.