Chapter 18

I do not know what to expect for this dinner. It is 8:20 and I am standing outside my door. From what I heard, his room should be this one across from mine, should I knock? I do.

I try not to be distracted by how good he smells or how gorgeous he looks when he opens the door. Slacks and a button down. I think my clothes are appropriate. I have another dress on my bed for in case dinner was more formal.
"Give me a minute." He returns into his room and curiosity overwhelms me. I step into his room which is not what I expected. I thought it would be all dark as most men prefer. Instead it is royal blue and silver. Very tastefully done. Whoever their interior designer is is very talented.

I watch as he wears his watch and smile. I wonder the story behind that.
"Let us go." I follow him downstairs to a beautiful dining room. Andy is already seated, chatting with Emery. We arrive at the same time as Girl who I haven't been formally introduced to.
I still find her name strange.
I sit quietly next to Hades as more people walk in.
Michael, Seph, Delphine, Dorian, Nico, one of the other chefs, then finally Demi. The female chef brings out the starters and everyone digs in.

"This salad is amazing." Andy complements, "Which one?" "The chicken & avo." Girl dishes some and bites into it, "Not bad.". I love it. What I love even more is watching Andy throw a crouton at her. "No throwing at the table." Michael reprimands, "Wasn't that just knives?" Seph asks him. Who was throwing knives at the table?
"Most grown-ups don't need to be told not to throw bread across a table." He states. The table is silent for a bit before all the girls start throwing pieces of bread and croutons at him while the men just laugh.
This is very strange.

"You girls are wasting good bread." The chef admonishes them, "Sorry, Adam." Demi and Girl say together. Adam looks like an older gentleman; probably late forties or early fifties. I get the impression he has been cooking here for a long time.
"Helen, you should try the fasolatha. We made it extra spicy for you." He tells me. I'm not particularly a fan of fasolatha, but if they did that for me, I wouldn't want to be rude.
I taste it and there is an explosion of flavour and heat in my mouth. Mainly heat. It is so delicious.
"Is that Red Savina, I taste?" I ask feeling my mouth on fire. "You know your peppers." He praises as I start sniffing. This is so good; I was not expecting that.

"Let me try." Demi says and I pass her the bowl after serving myself some more. "You don't want to do that." Adam warns her, "Oh, come on. How hot can it be?" Michael asks serving himself some as well.
"Someone might want to be recording this." I tell them. Seph whips out her phone immediately.
"OH MY GOD!!!" Demi starts panting with her mouth open trying to fan her tongue with her hand. It is comical to watch. "It's not like it's ghost pepper." Michael says trying it. He immediately spits it out. Beans everywhere. Everyone laughs as he takes a jug of water, "Don't." I try to warn him but he is already guzzling the water down. Water doesn't help. He tries the wine before running out of the room. I can't help but laugh with the others.

Fortunately, dinner is simple steak with fried rice which is superb. These chefs are fantastic! I might have to watch my waistline if we'll be eating like this every night.

"So, Helen. You have to tell us how you did it." Andy says once the plates are being cleared. "Did what?"
"Find us." Ah, I should have known this was coming.
"I hit the streets of Athens, hard. Worked the club scene too, until eventually I heard something. Followed every lead, stalked a hundred people and looked up half of Greece, I swear. It took seven months to identify Emery. Hacked his phone, followed his movements, eventually led to Michael. Then Girl, then Dorian, until I worked up to you."

"Stalker much." Girl teases.
"And New York?" Michael asks. "Well, once I learned about your after dark activities, I went to New York and took a job at a club. Worked my ass off until it was up to your caliber then had my hacker lure you with a big juicy data breach. It had to be into the mafia accounts to get you to come but once you did, all I had to do was wait for you to show up. Took less time than I was expecting." I wouldn't call it easy but it worked as planned.
"I have to give it to you though, Demi. Your encryptions were amazing." I look over at Hades, "My guy was just better."

"Why the Italians?" This is where I have to tread lightly. "Caroline is a good friend of mine."
"Antonio's wife?" Dorian asks and I nod. "What does that have to do with anything?"
"She is much smarter than people give her credit for. More than just a pretty face." I notice Andy's small smile.

"And the Albanians?"
"They annoy me. Plus, I wanted to see the ghost at work for myself." I admit with a smile.
"I hate that name." Hades tells me, "It was lazy thinking, if you ask me." Seph comments. "True."

Dessert is galaktoboureko which is perfectly sweet and fluffy with amazingly smooth custard. This chef deserves diamonds. Actual diamonds.
Conversation goes on around me and I can't help but marvel at the loud, open funny atmosphere.

¤

I am up early today which is good since I could really use a workout. Wandering around the house in my workout clothes, I hope I will eventually stumble into someone. I do. Girl and Hades are kissing in the lounge. Wow, did not see that coming. I thought he liked Seph. I see why he would go for her though. She has the kind of curves that make me look like a pre-pubescent twig. The worst part is that it is clearly all natural. She is also amazingly confident.

I keep wandering until I find myself outside where I hear grunting. I follow the sound until I see a beautiful outdoor gym where Andy and Seph are training. Andy is on the elliptical while Seph is doing weights. Yikes! She is strong.

"Morning ladies, mind some company?"
"Go right ahead."
I start warm-ups before working on the treadmill, stepmill, elliptical and rowing machine. Once I am a disgusting, sweaty mess, I move on to the punching bag for thirty minutes. Seph actually helps me out here. It turns out including a few kicks is more efficient so she taught me how.
The girls laugh in my face when I start my yoga though. I love my yoga, it builds strength, stretches, improves flexibility and helps me clear my mind.

"Good workout. How often do you train?" Seph asks as we leave. I notice the butler coming in to clean up.
"Three, four times a week. You?"
"Everyday." Woah.
"No wonder you look like that. I do not have the dedication for it." Seph is truly stunning and her body is a perfect mix of strength and sensuality. The girl has a six pack and a Kardashian ass!
"What are you talking about? You look great."
"I know. Sometimes I wish I had more junk in my trunk." I turn so she has a good look at my butt.
"That's actually a good sized butt for someone as small as you." I guess she's right. I do have decent curves for someone my size, but we are always our harshest critics, aren't we?

"Hey, girls." Emery greets us as we walk in, "Hey, Em." Seph smiles as we walk in. There it is again. I noticed it last night; there is a way that these two look at each other. That's not casual attraction though.

"Did Seph break you? I swear this girl is a machine." He teases finally looking my way. "I know, she is a fucking beast. Remind me to stay on her good side." I say then leave the two. I don't like feeling like a third wheel.

Besides, I have a meeting to prepare for.